Subject Author Posted Replies

Outdoor Cedar: Finish or Just Weather?
Park bench. Slats are 2x6's and rotten after 40 years. Just bought cedar to replace them. The choices I see: - Just leave it raw/natural and let it weather - Stain it with the darkest stain I can find...
2
2

"Abandoned" Phone/Cable/Electric Wires: Who's Responsible?
First guess is that it varies by state - but I'd also guess that the law is crafted so that *somebody* is responsible for almost everything. The situation is what looks like some sort of communication...
6
6

Repair covered by homeowner's insurance?
My parents have a house that was built in the late 1940s. The sewer pipe is the old ceramic type and it runs under the house. Part of it has collapsed and the plumber says he knows where. To get to...
30
30

OT? LCD monitor dead OT?
There was a lot of knowledge displayed above in the "computers" thread so ... My 22" LCD just went dark . When the comp is hooked to it the power light does go green when I input , so I'm fairly sure...
13
13

How to arrange used parts shipping Internationally
A friend of mine in Italy knows of a parts guy who disassembled a similar piece of equipment who would be willing to give me the disassembled parts for my use. These are small parts, any one of which...
21
21

outdoor post lighting
Good afternoon everybody...being living in my first home for about 3yrs now. Been doing simple repair here and there, but now I have to replace my outside light post (broke) which is located in the...
15
15

Ceiing Mounted, AC Powered, Wired Together Smoke Alarms: Suggestions, Please ?
Hello, Have three ceiling mounted, AC powered, smoke detectors which need replacement after 8 years or so. These have the additional feature that if one goes off, they all do, as they are wired...
13
13

My computer needs a new battery
My computer needs a new battery, because the clock wont keep the correct time and date. I was going to buy a car battery, but my grandpa gave me one of these. He said they work for everything. But I...
7
7

deck repair
My deck needs to be restained, but before I do that there are some rotten boards that have to be replaced. These boards are rotted in a corner at the end where they meet a step up. That corner is...
3
3

OT no such thing as a statistical dead heat
OT Unless the percentages match, no such thing as a statistical dead heat I've wondered about this off and on, and I once asked on another newsgroup, but until today, I've never remembered to google...
8
8

Nudity Law passes Congress
Nudity Law passes Congress. It's now legal to be naked in public, anywhere in the U.S. So, take off your clothes and go have some fun. Review the law here: http://tinyurl.com/bmoq3fz
1
1

Changing a two wire Thermostat to a 5 wire or just 3?
I have a home built in 2006. It has baseboard heating and Air Condition vi a blown air. The upstairs zone contains a 5 wire thermostat while the downstairs zone is only two wires? The AC unit is in...
3
3

OT: Best Stud Locator?
I have a Zircon StudSensor SL. It was giving me flaky results unless on deep scan. From the discussion I think my problems may be due to foil... I'm hanging stuff in the garage. ...Jim Thompson
6
6

Update/Review Panasonic FV-11VH2 Fan/Heater
This is an update/review of my fan/heater installation project. The project began with a request from my wife for a heater in the bathroom. I installed this unit a couple of weeks ago: I also...

Youbo work bench
I just ordered one of the Youbo benches. About time someone came up with a better idea. I've bought many tools from Lee Valley You can see some of the best by putting AFD in the search box.
1
1