The Daring Dufas

It's been a few weeks since TDD posted. He's been in and out of hospital, and I'm concerned for him. Sadly, I don't even know his first name ("the") nor much else. Birmingham Alabama, that's a start.

Anyone know a bit more about the situation?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

His middle name is Daring?

Reply to
Jenny

It's amazing how much you miss him...it has been a few Months (May 22) since he responded here! (and his name is Dufus, ya dufas!)

Reply to
BenDarrenBach

I guess that narrows it down, a bit. Thank you.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Seems like his real name was Eustace Duffas.

Reply to
noname

Thanks, might give me some thing to work with.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

horrible choice of words, "was"

Reply to
RobertMacy

The man is thinking much the same. I am concerned that TDD may have reached the end of his mortal stay. If this proves to be true, I'd like do something, however small, to honor the man.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

RobertMacy wrote in news:op.xj9112la2cx0wh@ajm:

We all die sooner or later. Given the ages of the old folks hangering around here, it is more likely "sooner". Get used to it.

Reply to
Zaky Waky

You are, by asking about him. But, if he is gone, it would be nice to let his friends nearby where he lived know he was appreciated on the web.

Reply to
RobertMacy

I am acquainted (online) with a person who may be able to find out the status of TDD. I'll see if I can get the info and let you know, but I can't promise any results, all I can do is ask. It's nice of you to be concerned.

Reply to
Betty

Zabba says no one in US with that name.

Reply to
Frank

Although there is one on Facebook.

Reply to
Frank

Maybe we can set up a web page of Dufas quote, or some thing?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Please ask. Yes, I'm concerned. I'm nice some times, but not all the time.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

You could have decided to be concerned 3 months ago when he was possibly ill...now it's pointless to act concerned.

Reply to
BenDarrenBach

On Thu, 14 Aug 2014 08:15:15 -0700, Oren wrote in

It looks like TDD may have run out of time. It eventually happens to all of us. My condolences to his family (if he had any).

Reply to
CRNG

Who can tell? He's been in hospital at least several times. This might been the big one.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Well?

Reply to