Subject Author Posted Replies

Ny risk with leaving exposed TV antenna wire in attic
I have removed a TV antenna that was in my attic. I am unable to determine where the wire from the antenna connects in the house. Any risk leaving t he exposed wire in the attic? I don't believe any...
11
11

What Do You Think Of Craftsman PowerTools Today?
I am considering adding some power tools to my collection. I have many Craftsman tools and I have always trusted Craftsman, but I am not so sure today with their newer power tool products. What do you...
12
12

House Painting And Peeling Question
Hello, Got to thinking about this a bit, and would be appreciative of any thoughts or opinions on. Probably a dumb question, but was wondering, and concerned. Will probably have house painted this...
35
35

pole mount for solar array
Hi All, I've got to install a pole mount for a solar array. The manufacturer says to use 5" schedule 40 steel pipe (5 9/16" OD). The hole is specified as: 54" deep 30" diameter .81 cubic feet of...
13
13

Toro 20045 lawnmower only starting and running if sprayed into carb
My Toro 20045 started misbehaving late last summer getting harder and harder to start. After googling and watching Youtube, suggestions seemed to be to clean and/or replace carburetor. Following that...
22
22

Safety In The Home, Microwave Edition
Talk about not paying close attention. I was heating some sausage in our smallest microwave and unlike some folks I know, I will adjust the power level to keep something from splattering all over the...
19
19

Shower faucet damaged in pipe freeze
I have a condo, in New Hampshire, that is vacant during the winter. I keep the heat at 55 degrees which is usually high enough to prevent freezing pr oblems. This winter, the heating system failed and...
1
1

This is why north-american cell phones don't have TV tuners...
Part of the new capabilities that came with the switch to digital TV broadcasting was the potential to broadcast on special sub-channels designed with mobile devices in mind. We know that this has not...
8
8

holes from old mortice lock mean I can't fit a new one....
Hi there The mortice lock in my wooden door is a 2 lever with a handle attached. I want to put in a 5 lever one. No problem with the actual fitting, however the screw holes are in different places...
13
13

"Moss" On House Siding ?
Hello, Live outside of Boston. Typical Colonial, with white painted clapboards. Lots of big, green, what I will call Moss (but may be wrong term for), spotted areas on one side of house. Really don't...
8
8

New tires and wheels for a child's wagon
I have a Radio Flyer Steel and Wood All-Terrain Wagon (model #32). The tubes keep losing air but Harbor Freight doesn't have tubes with 'bent' valves. Even if I could find the right tubes, I don't...
6
6

Replace tire on Radio Flyer wagon
I have a Radio Flyer Steel and Wood All-Terrain Wagon (model #32). The tubes keep losing air but Harbor Freight doesn't have tubes with bent valves. Radio Flyer's website has a "wheel kit" -- which...
2
2

Recoating floor. . .
About 10 years ago we had our floors -- some hardwood some pine -- finished with polyurethane. They are beginning to get dull. Could I just give the floors a light sanding, then put on one or more new...
7
7

Salt water vs tab floater pool
I am getting ready to have a summer testing both, side by side. My neighbor has me watching his salt water pool and I am a floater guy. So far it is not looking good for the salt pool. There is...
8
8

Vinyl floor removal
I want to take up the vinyl sheet floor in my downstairs bathroom. It is a concrete pad and the original floor from 30 years ago. Looks like it was spread with an adhesive and the sheet laid on top...
23
23