Subject Author Posted Replies

Its sad our local hardware store has been sold:(
VATERS .....It was a place you could depend on:) nice people, very knowldgeable, fair prices, convenient hours. the new owners are doing their best to ruin it. most of the old hands have quit, hours...
1
1

Secret about NeverKink MAX hose
I bought a NeverKink MAX hose from Lowes. Bullshit! It kinks...just like any other hose. No better, no worse.
4
4

cafe doors
>Thanks, I looked them up and -as you said, not cheap. At
9
9

Hardware Stores Enter Politics, Turning Away Gays, Turning Away Evangelicals
Here's how I think all this should be handled. If you want to put those kinds of signs at your business, then I think it should be your right. It's your business. That includes putting up a sign that...
14
14

OT. Some July 4 Stuff.
From YouTube. First Ray Charles: Next, Willie Nelson and a bunch of famous folks: I recognize Wille and Muhammad Ali. Two or three of the others look familiar.
5
5

Stream to waterfall
Hi, a friend of mine has a small stream in his back yard. It's not very strong. If I had to guess I would say it has twice the amount of water of an average shower. Also, the slope is rather flat, do...
8
8

Happy fourth of July
You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family...
7
7

4thg of July tradition
Every years for the past 15 or so, I'm usually the first one up on this holiday. To brighten everyone's mood and start the day right, I play Stars and Stripes Forever. Loudly. My family appreciates...
12
12

Skunk deterrent?
I live in a typical residential area in Oregon. We have a skunk who comes thru about once a week and stinks the place up. I have a whole house fan that I use in the evenings to "reset" the house for...
4
4

2-cycle motor keeps dying
... or the gas/air mix. Mine can easily be set too rich, and it might seem satisfactory. I set it as lean as it will still respond to the throttle. The OP said his problem happened suddenly. Mine has...
15
15

Rat deterent?
I'm next to a field and the little rat critters always eat half the fruit or more every year. Too many in the field for traps or poison to have much effect. I read where rodents hear higher...
11
11

Will Al Sharpton protest Google?
SAN FRANCISCO ? Google has apologized after its new Photos application identified black people as "gorillas." On Sunday Brooklyn programmer Jacky Alciné tweeted a screenshot of photos he had uploaded...
7
7

Toilet swirls
I have a toilet that swirls the water around and around, but it won't flush. Seems to be enough water in the bowl and tank. But, the darn thing won't flush my poop!
1
1

stucco/plaster/mortar for exterior?
I'm performing maintenance on an old structure (70+ years old). This structure has a type of tile I've never seen before. The idea I have for sealing the outside is to apply something like plaster or...
21
21

same prob, diff outcome
i had exact same prob. so i reversed wires and the cold works but the hot doesn't - now what?
2
2