Subject Author Posted Replies

Counterfeit (Fake) batteries?
I bought package of 4 AA Energizer Lithium Ultimate batteries the other day on eBay. Exp. date was like 2025. First time trying Ultimate model. I always used Lithium batteries in my weather station...
6
6

More about how mosquitoes bite
More about how mosquitoes bite, although I've forgotten if I found this or if someone here posted it. Almost live video. See it's nose bend almost 90 degrees The video below shows a brown needle that...

AquaTherm Furnace - I only get hot water if the turn the heat on PLEASE HELP!!
I live in a condo and have an AquaTherm furnace and my problem is I only get hot water if I turn on the heat. It is not much of a problem in the colder weather but in the summer I have to put the heat...
3
3

Any suggestions for two 50-gallon propane water heaters, leaking, in series?
Any suggestions for two 50-gallon water heaters, leaking, in series? Both were installed no later than 2004 (based on the serial plate date), and both are 50 gallons, propane fired water heaters....
23
23

WWII Bunker House
From the Daily Mail U.K. Asking price 275,000 pounds and no shower? Free URL redirection service (also known as URL forwarding). Register a free subdomain name and redirect it to your existing URL! No...
1
1

What are these tanks?
This is from a slide show of a house in the middle of a pine forest in Utah. The house has a metal roof, and the trees come right up next to the house. This would be an odd way to store water in case...
11
11

light socket
Here's a good one. I only need the guts for a push through light socket and HD has a whole socket for 3.48. 3.48! It ought to be 75c, maybe 1.40 allowing for inflation. So i go to Amazon, and trusty...
6
6

OT, cooking hamburgers, microwave stuff
OT, cooking hamburgers, microwave stuff 1) hamburgers, especially thin ones, in a skillet. If I cook the hamburger on one side for say 4 minutes and then on the other side for 4 minutes, how does that...
2
2

Deck screws in PTW wood
I know my late mom's deck was a cheapo effort. Still, got PTW for the decking boards. Now, all the screws are rusty and pulling out and the wood is going bad, no doubt due to no kinda deck...
45
45

Coating for headphone ear pads?
I have some old Technics headphones for which replacement pads are no longer sold. They work fine, but the leather-look coating has mostly flaked off the fabric covering the ear pads, leaving it...
5
5

Chainsaw bar oil (is motor oil ok in a pinch or does it ruin the chain)?
I use the bar oil from Lowes, which is thick and syrupy, but I can't help but think that thinner 30 weight motor oil should work. I realize the motor oil might get flung off, but so does bar oil if...
24
24

Poison Ivy Removal - Total, Complete ?
viz: I want to store a kayak on that spot. It's higher than the beach by several feet and therefore less susceptible to storm action. I'm hyper-sensitive to poison ivy, so I need to clear that spot...
60
60

AAA auto club
I have been a AAA memberfor 40 years. I have always been pleased by their s ervice etc till now.......... i called them twice about some title issues when thinking about replacingmy one van.... wait...
90
90

beware SharkBite
I was unable to slide a piece of 1/2" PEX onto an elbow. I've found the reason. Virtually all fittings that seal against the inside of PEX are designed for SDR-9, the industry standard. The walls of...
8
8

Case of the missing socks
Most every time I go to the laundromat I come home with one or two less socks than I went with! As I did today. My theory is all their customers' missing socks are recycled to China by all the...
19
19