Subject Author Posted Replies

Timeout on oil burner
My neighbor tells me he needs a new Honeywell oil burner control unit, and they come in 3 time lengths, 15, 30, and 45 seconds. How do I know which length to buy? I know it doesn't say on the furnace...
20
20

OTish Alarm clocks
I assume everyone has heard of this kid and his clock invention. The picture of the clock shows a 9V battery hookup but no battery. That means the kid either had to plug the clock in or it does have...
32
32

[OT] RE secured prommissory note
having trouble figuring out what the interest rate is here, As It's Written, for my sister... [note amount is $115,000] which monthly amount is it, legally? 1. .01% per month is $11.50 per month 2....
16
16

Recycling
I usually put my scrap out in the alley to let the metal scavengers get it but decided today..what the heck the scrap yard is only three miles from here and I knew the owner back when we were kids...
8
8

Leaking (rainwater) water barrels
We have several ~55G plastic (almost nylon-ish?) barrels in which we collect rainwater. They were originally used to hold detergent or bleach or some other agent used to wash clothing, linens, etc....
14
14

Replacement of Pyramid Skylight
Hi, we are looking to replace our pyramid skylight, what should I be looking for in terms of quality build that will last? Something made of galvanized steel, aluminum, PVC? What is the big difference...
5
5

Holes in yard
After a big rain, I see holes in bare spots in my yard - an inch or so, sometimes 8 - 10" and quite deep. Just wondering where the dirt goes? I have no tunneling animals like moles or gophers that I'm...
5
5

Liar! Liar! Pants on fire!
Check out this shop vacuum: What kind of marketing trickery is peak hp? They claim the unit has 6.5 of them. In a perfect, no-loss world, that would require 6.5*746 or 4849 watts or 40.4 amps. You...
5
5

Good Tool Commercial
Well, I liked it... Jeff

Lighting
When cleaning the basement I found the original "one bulb chandelier" that was hanging in my living room the day I bought my house 35 years ago Also pictured is the fixture now there
4
4

Check Your Emissions Warranty Prior to Paying for Repairs at an Independent Shop
I got my DMV registration renewal in the mail and was going to take the vehicle to a smog check station. I always scan the codes via the OBD-II port first. One oxygen sensor was throwing a code, and...
8
8

ants
Ants are in the bathroom and a few in the kitchen. What do they want in the bathroom? There aren't any turd or pee around so it is a mystery. Anyone know about this?
17
17

off topic: new car advice for senior
Sorry for off topic ------------------- Hi A friend of mine who is a senior citizen and want to buy a new car to repla ce her standard old car. She is very good driver with very clean driving hi...
351
351

Cast Iron Tablesaw...
mine is in an unheated garage...what is a good rust protector? (Stormy never responds to me...so I won't hear about WD-40!) Thanks!
11
11

Remodel/New work recessed light: accessible junction box?
I know the NEC prohibits burying an electrical junction box behind a wall. I always wondered about remodel/new work recessed lights. They have a junction box connected to their frame; but once...
1
1