Subject Author Posted Replies

Update: trim around bath vent siding (pics)
A couple of days ago , I asked for advice how to trim around a bath vent i installed. Because my siding was not flat, I followed the instructions and cut around the whole perimeter of the vent. It...
3
3

crimped versus wirenutted grounds?
I replaced an outlet today at a commercial site. Now I admit I don't know anything about commercial electrical, but around here grounds are required to be crimped residentially; wirenutting...
7
7

Portable generator parts Generac
Looking for a set of engine filters (oil & air) specifically for the Guardian OHIV engine model GH-220 made by Generac for their 4000exl portable generator. When I search the web site it sends me to...
7
7

Diagnosing a possible drain leak
A few months ago I noticed a small water stain appearing where a plaster crown molding meets the ceiling. Recently I noticed a dripping noise after I shut off a sink in a bathroom that's more or...
4
4

Quick fix for leaking roof
My daughters roof is leaking, anyway to make a quick, fast temporary repair, until she can afford to have the thing replaced.. Barry
13
13

Chainsaw blade sharpened?
Using my Poulan "Wild Thing" chainsaw this weekend, and a lot of burnt wood where I made my cuts. Don't recall the chain being so bad, but a new one --- on Amazon --- is $20. My question is, is...
50
50

Masonry in a tube
Was wondering if the cement (mortar) in a tube is moisture resitant ? I'm repointing a chimney only a section that I can't get at. Is this something that I'm looking for ? I had done alot...
3
3

Bricks fell saga cont.
Hi all. In early August I posted here about bricks that fell from the front of my house. It's 100 yrs. old, 2 story brick home. I thank you posters! Even with a few wise-cracks, I did get some...
6
6

mystery 29 volts
I am going to install a ceiling fan with a light kit in the master bedroom. The junction box in the ceiling has a 2-conductor wire (plug ground). I replaced this with a 14-3 wire because I want the...
9
9

What kind of liquid/spray to clean evaporator coils
Once I figure out how to get the sheet metal covers off the indoor evaporator coil, what kind of cleaning liquid or spray is the strongest and still safe to use on the coils? I'm thinking of...
12
12

Wall Switch for Air Compressor
I want to install a dedicated outlet for my garage air compressor. I want to put a switch near it, because half the time I unplug it and the cord falls behind the workbench. I dont leave it turned on...
5
5

Fluorescent Lights and 130V
A building I'm working at has some brick lights - j-boxes recessed into a wall, and a cover plate on them - that illuminate walkways. The owners have changed the incandescent bulbs to fluorescent....
8
8

Toilet offset
I am building a new bathroom and was wondering if there is a standard offset from the wall for the toilet drain? Also any other tips or hints for the plumbing of the waste line would be greatly...
12
12

Do remote controls talk to each other?
I have come across a strange problem. I have a house that has an entertainment center that operates on a remote. It's been there for years and works great. Two months ago I had a new wall unit a/c...
23
23

primer problem!
Hello.. I am priming newly patched/repaired plaster walls with PVA primer. The walls were never painted before- covered w/wallpaper. I accidently rubbed up an area in a tight spot and a smudge...
4
4