Subject Author Posted Replies

Faint natural gas oder outside?
We've been smelling a very faint gas order outside. It comes and goes so it is hard to locate. We don't smell it inside the house at all. We do have a gas furnace, water heater, dryer and fireplace....
35
35

How to get racoons out of a garage?
I was working on my overhead garage door. The weather got bad, so I had to leave it open for a few days. I just repaired the door and found 2 large coons inside. I shut the overhead door, but have the...
23
23

Hot Water fill problems on Maytag MVWC500VW
Hi All, First off, yes I put the hoses on right! Just purchased a Maytag Centennial MVWC500VW washer. It has an interesting defect/feature: when the water temp switch is set on "Hot", it runs cold...
4
4

Kitchen Cabinets, No Studs
I am trying to hang some kitchen cabinets, but it seems the studs to not go floor to ceiling. At the top of the cabinets the studs disappear! I have over 30" where there are absolutely no studs to...
8
8

Time to get car ready for winter
Time to put blankets, old coats, hats and gloves in your car in case of emergency. The cold this year reminds me of the year my car slid off the road and was stuck for eight hours in a blizzard before...
6
6

walkway lights - recommendation?
Hi all, when we moved into our current residence, we bought some little solar lights to stake into the ground next to the walkway to the front door, as it gets rather dark after the sun goes down....
14
14

Outdoor water spicket repair
Amanda Sisco ------------------------------------- There is a broken water spicket on our front porch. it is spitting water out of and behind the siding, so we had to shut all of our water off. We...
14
14

Looking to build window storm panels to replace my screens
I have screens that snap into a track on the outside of my CertainTeed vinyl windows. I want to remove the screens and make storm panels to fit into the track to reduce radiant cold air and sound....
3
3

Sink Bowl removal
I need to remove a vanity sink bowl from a granite top. The bowl is ceramic and glued to the granite top. The sink is about 16 by 19 inches. Anyone tried/succeeded at a removal like this? Thanks, EJ...
6
6

Solar screens removal in winters
I live in Dallas. The solar screens have been very useful in summers here, but does it make a difference if I leave it on for the winters. The company which put up the solar screens for me say that...
3
3

Two part valve wrench Question
I got something like that at Harbor freight. The rectangle slot is good for gas shut offs. But then, a large crescrent wrench or near to any size of pipe wrench works fine. The part that slips down a...

Plastic gas tank
I have a white plastic gas tank on a snowblower that cracked, will any glue, sealer, bond, maybe an automotove silicone sealer? My "quality" John Deer gas tank was attached with a simple Pipe Clamp...
38
38

1/2 bath to 3/4 bath home improvement
I own a 54 year old house in Los angeles and I want to convert my 1/2 bath to a 3/4 bath by adding an upright shower. The room is "L" shaped with a toilet at one end of the "L" and a sink at the...
10
10

Please help: Frigidaire Gallery Front Loader Washer Leak
Hi, I hope somebody can take a look at the picture and tell me what's wrong. [url]'s a Frigidaire Gallery HE (front loading) washer, about 7 years old. This is the picture of the bottom part of the...
6
6

Rear derailleur replacement question.
I have a mongoose mountain bike with 3 gears in the front and 7 in the back. The rear derailleur is all bent up and needs to be replaced. Is it easy to do? Do I need special tools? What kind of rear...
6
6