What type of gauge to pressure check black gas pipe.

I will be adding a tee and run into my gas lines. I was planning on a pressure test and soap test.

I have a gauge that I used for co2 I guess this will also work? It is from 0-60psi

Reply to
theedudenator

That will work fine. Where I am , they want the test at 15 psi. It should hold that. Be careful to turn off gas to any appliances first. They cannot handle that pressure. You could even loosen a union between each appliance and its valve if there is any chance the valve could leak.

Reply to
Bob F

You should be using a gage that reads to around 5 psi and is readable in units of 1/10 psi.

Here's one description of the procedure

Check your local codes to be sure of the correct requirements for your area.

Note--gas valves are intended for low pressures--if you run the pressure up too high they may leak even though there's nothing wrong with them.

Reply to
J. Clarke

My gas inspector required a 15 psi test.

Reply to
Bob F