Subject Author Posted Replies

Back for a day
Sorry that I have been away for a while, and unfortunately will only be sporadic for the foreseeable future. My family has been crushed by the news of our sister Rivkah being murdered by Hamas scum at...
34
34

Termites & sweet plants
In 1967 my uncle brought us some yew bushes from Connecticut. Soon we were inundated with what appeared to be flying ants. We thought they might be termites but the popular Greek dictionary (Divry)...
4
4

Faucet seats
I gather I can't just use any faucet seat, EVEN if it screws in??, to replace my faucet seat. But I can't find any seats for Eljer bathroom sinks. What to do? Home Depot hardly has any in the store,...
4
4

Material choice, blocking crawl space openings
tMy house has a full basement except under a one room addition, which has a crawl space. It has brick veneer at ground level and vinyl siding above. There are six openings where the covering has...
5
5

stacking two large and small socket wrenches
Tried a heat gun on my two shower faucets, got hot enough to ignite a tiny bit of something in the wall. No flames but it glowed for 20 seconds. Hot enough that the socket warmed up within a minute of...
4
4

OT: DST Ends Sunday
Hi All, Daylight Stupid Time ends Sunday, November 5, 2023, 2:00:00 am clocks are turned backward 1 hour -T
60
60

shower stems are frozen
So I finished the toilet tank, the washers on one bathroom sink, the cutoff valve for another toilet, the stem for the hot water in the powder room, but I'm stuck on the washers for the shower. The...
4
4

Flame King 20 pound tank to one pound cylinder refillable kit
What do you think of this Flame King 1-lb Refillable Propane Cylinder and Refill Kit Item # WX2-706954 Mfg. Number: YSN1LBKT UPC: 899003000359 They seem to be the only people making it so they have a...
7
7

Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota 4Runner with bucket seats?
Where to get decent but inexpensive seat covers for an old 1998 Toyota 4Runner with bucket seats? Don't have a lot of money to waste. Don't want to experiment either as that would also be a waste....
6
6

Wet Basement Wall Crack - epoxy,hydr cmt, or elastomer
RadonSeal epoxy calls for dry cracks. No way my crack will dry. Is there an epoxy that works on wet cracks? I know there are underwater epoxies. What is this thing with ports, some of it seems hokey...
9
9

How to make a phonecall correctly
Why don't people give me a chance to answer the phone? There's more than 1 millisecond between me answering it, and pressing the speaker button (or lifting to my ear) to say hello. I don't expect them...
54
54

Which wing nuts are better for under a toilet tank? Zinc or stainless steel?
Toilet tank removed, cleaned, and almost back on. Which wing nuts are better for under a toilet tank? Zinc or stainless steel? With brass bolts. Beneath the wing nut, black lock washer, flat washer,...
4
4

tick tick tick...
The refrigerator thread reminded me of an issue I've had for years with my central air ducting. This is what originally led me to wearing ear plugs at night because it kept me up all night. With the...
3
3

OT: Credit Card Payment Question
My current Visa card balance is much less than the amount due on my most recent statement as I returned an expensive item just after the statement had dropped. If I pay the lower current balance by...
8
8

Replace your faucetr washers
"Although many people only replace the washers in their faucet when an issue arises, such as a leak, this is not the best course of action. To optimize the faucet’s lifespan for best results, you...
4
4