Subject Author Posted Replies

Laser level recommendation?
I have marked locations of recessed lights on the floor, and I would like to be able to mount the housing on the ceiling (sheetrock is down) at the same location. I have a laser level that does a line...
32
32

Cable reception - cannot get channel 4
I have a really strange situation that is puzzling me. I have cable TV the coax cable comes into the house and splits into three lines and feed a TV in the living room, one in the bedroom and one in...
9
9

how accurate are "energyguide" numbers vs. Kill-A-Watt?
subject says all... in an effort to see how much a new fridge would really be worth in terms of energy savings I got a Kill-A-Watt (found one online under $30) hooked it up to fridge. In 24 hours of...
13
13

This too is reality.
1
1

Radiant ceiling heating cable
Does anyone know what the name of the company that used to make radiant ceiling heating cable was? I know it is probably no longer made or used.
3
3

Dinosaur
A new dinosaur is being excavated will be shown on the History channel soon. Named Predator X it is 5 times larger than the largest T-rex ever found. Should be interesting.
5
5

A/C brands
I need to replace the a/c (actually, a heat pump) for the house. Which = manufacturers make which brands? Are all the brands available in the US = made in the US? Thanks, Jean
5
5

Guess The Appliance
Two service calls today. First: Used a mini mag flash light, turkey baster, phillips screw driver, and fingers. Second: Used a nut driver 5/16 inch, crescent wrench, And a utility knife "box cutter"....
9
9

Switch for outdoor light
I have an outdoor pole light (probably sodium vapor) adjacent to my shop. The light gets its power from my house (switch in living room). Switch and light are 120 ft. ± apart. Underground wire from...
5
5

Compressed air fittings redux
In a recent thread there was a good discussion of air fittings and hoses, etc. I mentioned my favorite Milton V-series high flow types for making economy compressors more effective. For those with...

Fan motor
Need to replace an Uppco, Inc 079272 motor/fan in my window exhaust unit. The motor/coil is 2x3x3 with two screws for mounting to a bracket and a two prong plug on a short line cord. The shaft is...
7
7

fridge, take 3 and the dumb things POs do
after visiting 3 stores and obsessively-compulsively web searching, I think I found a fridge that SWMBO would love I went home thinking "gee, all I have to do is take her to the store, get her to OK...
3
3

Loose roof shingles
Loose roof shingles I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest US, built in '54. Contractor did a scrape and shingle back in '96 ("20 year" shingles). Missed a spot around a vent. I took some...
3
3

Window Installer surprised
I was asked to estimate the cost of replacing the windows in a house in a nice neighborhood outside of town. I couldn't help but notice the lady was very beautiful and had a smile that won't quit. I...
5
5

Stubborn Wallpaper :(
Are there any tricks to remove stubborn off. Im starting to think it was applyed with glue. We bought the proper wallpaper remover from a paint shop and it did fine on all our house except for the...
4
4