Loose roof shingles

Under the shingle and press it down into the cement.

Yes but for $50 bucks in today's economy I bet you can find an agile younger person to climb up there and do it right.

If you feel you have to do it, I would use your wedge and a "pony" paint roller coated in cement to roll it on then use a clean one to roll over it and press it down. A little extra weight on the clean one will help.

Be careful up there. Us older guys break when we fall.

Reply to
Colbyt

Peetie Wheatstraw wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Either you are a troll or Polyanna's father.

Reply to
Red Green

Loose roof shingles

I belong to a little brick bungalow in the midwest US, built in '54.

Contractor did a scrape and shingle back in '96 ("20 year" shingles). Missed a spot around a vent. I took some ceiling damage before he got over to nail down some loose shingles.

Now I got at least 2 more shingles near the peak, flappin' in the hi winds.

I am old and infirm, cannot walk the roof. Distrust my footwear, the surface, and my balance. But I can hang off a ladder, get a little work done.

I measured: it's 13' from the edge of the roof to the loose shingles.

To secure the loose shingles, one just smears plastic roof cement underneath and allow to cure?

I'm thinking, if I get 2 14' boards, sharpen the end of one, use that to hold a shingle up, put a mess of cement on the end of the other, push it up, flip it over to apply cement, I could maybe get a decent bond.

Does this sound practical? Alternatives (for a 1 man job from roofs edge)?

Thx, Peetie

Reply to
Peetie Wheatstraw

"It's springtime, and all the conny-tractors are conny-tracting!"

And all the kids that can roof are workin' for 'em.

I'd likely get in big (liability) trouble.

Sounds good.

Ain't it the truth!

Much Thanks, Peetie

Reply to