Subject Author Posted Replies

Whirpool gas dryer - starts but wont stay running
I've got a Whirlpool gas dryer (Model GGW9878LWW) that wont' stay running. When I press the start button, the tumbler starts spinning, and I can hear the flames ignite (the clothes do get dry too)....
4
4

Radiant barrier
I keep running into to people planning on installing this coating the inside of their attic roof. I tend to roll my eyes, but maybe somebody could enlighten me. 1st; how could it work when the...
3
3

Harbor Freight Floor Nailer?
Hi! I'm going to be installing a 3/4" hickory solid hardwood floor over the next couple of days. The room isn't huge; probably about 10x11. My question, should I attempt to rent the stapler from Home...
8
8

pressure washer: rate of dilution
Do any pressure washers have anything other than just one rate of dilution (i.e. rates different from standard rate for cleaning liquid)? If so, what brands?
3
3

Small engine-Trimmer ignition
I have a Craftsman string trimmer. It didn't have a spark so I bought a new ignition module. When taking off the old one I didn't notice what the gap was. How do I make sure I have it position...
6
6

Any better R value in the same space?
It looks like I'm going to have to pull the old T1-11 off the south side of the house due to delamination. While I'm torn down to the insulation is there a material that would use the same space as...
12
12

another "hard to find" vent grille
OK, it got cold here the last few days so I "surveyed" my house and found at least three returns that actually had dampers on them. one is a 6x10, no problem, but two of them are 5x10 and built into...
12
12

Wireless . Not sure...
In my home i have a wireless connection that requires ip addresses. At my school ,the wireless is automatic ,so i don't need to enter any ip addresses.If i configure my wireless adapter and enter the...
10
10

Anticipating an addition
Planning to build a 3-season cabin in northern WI (sandy soil, 100' from a lake, weather extremes but no earthquakes). To spread the costs I'll get by with a sand point well and a privy at first, add...
8
8

Remote Control Lawnmower
"Scientists at the University of Southern Denmark have unveiled the Casmobot robotic lawnmower, which is operated using a Nintendo Wii remote. " 's for the children. Well, teen-agers mostly...
9
9

Pressure Washer
Never had one before. So I have a couple of questions. Is a 1750 psi electric heavy-duty pressure washer sufficient for most cleaning chores such as cleaning a wooden deck to remove the brownish...
3
3

Lo-E windows and houseplants.
This is probably a dumb question, but it is something I have been thinking about. Would a common house plant suffer if placed on a table near a new window with Lo-E coating? Has anyone who has house...
2
2

Driveway Cost: Concrete vs. Blacktop
Can't tell you, but be sure to compare life cycle cost, not just up front cost. I expect concrete will be more upfront, with much longer life and lower maintenance.
31
31

Tips for using a pressure cleaner/washer?
I'm going to rent a pressure cleaner to prepare a smooth stucco on cement block house for painting. It's been several years since the house was last painted and the surface is chalky with some areas...
10
10

Breaking Big Slates
I have some big slates rescued from a demolition project in my yard. They are about 3' by 4' and about an inch thick. I'd like to re- purpose them but I need them smaller than that size. If I could...
17
17