Subject Author Posted Replies

Fountain cracked piece broke off
A elderly neighbors fountain had a bad day in a windstorm. the top piece still covered in plastic protecting it from winter came off in wind and took a small chunk out of a lower level. any way to put...
8
8

Air conditioner screen
I would like to make one. When I had my A/C replaced, I certainly didn't expect it to be noisier than the old one. I worry that it might be bothering my neighbors. Ditto my pool filter, it's...
17
17

Fence Post Near House
One of my fences was blown down by a strong wind storm. I have dug out all the broken post except the one next to the house. I have been told there is most likely an electrical line, a TV cable and a...
13
13

Masonry Sealer Advice
I've got a new brick chimney top to seal...I know Thompsons Waterseal isn't any good so what is??? Any recomendations or other brands to avoid??? Thanks for any help....
7
7

Shower door stop repair
A customer has a glass shower enclosure. The door opens out and closes against a plastic strip. The plastic strip is glued onto the glass with what looks like, but probably isn't, Rubber Cement....
7
7

NiMH batteries any good in LED fixtures?
I saw reasonably good deals on LED light fixtures like motion sensing ones on Amazon. Since these need AA or AAA batteries, I was wondering whether anyone has experience with these gadgets. Can they...
12
12

Screen door slams - AFTER adjusting a NEW closer... Now what?
A new pneumatic closer still can't stop my screen door from slamming, even after adjustment. No matter how loose/tight I make the screw, I get a slamming door. SOMETIMES the door will almost slam...
16
16

Thinking of Re-Staining My Deck.. Question
About half of the old stain has worn off. Not sure if I have the time to pressure wash all of the old stain off. If I use the same color, will it blend in with the old stain, or will it just look bad?
4
4

Fordson Snow-motor tractor - this is way cool
Check out this video. It's a long one though. spotted this in http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,213971.0/topicseen.html
2
2

Gas Dryer won't cycle burner after start up
I've got a Whirlpool gas dryer (Model #LGR764AQO) that heats up just fine when you first turn it on. A few minutes after the burner has cycled off I can see it trying to re-ignite because the...
1
1

What to do with dead squirrel?
Last evening I saw it, traumatized by a blow to the head or neck from the rat trap it had hit in my backyard. The trap was tethered to a tree. The bugger (or its cousin) has been digging up my newly...
57
57

Looking for a distributor to buy Naphtha in WA state.
Can any one suggest one? I want to buy a lot at discount price. Thanks, Richard
17
17

Internal Tooth Lock washer
I am trying to install a new internal tooth lock washer that holds a wheel in place from falling off. Its for my kids little battery powered 4x4 that he drives around. This washer is suppose to be...
6
6

How to dig deep post holes with water?
Getting old, had bilateral Carpal Tunnel Syndrome surgery recently. I therefore cannot use the post hole digger like I used to. Don't want to use motorized earth auger. Don't want to use hired...
15
15

Roots in or out?
I'm digging in the front yard. The park management wants me to move the little two wheel trailer from the side yard to the driveway. This means expanding the driveway the size of one space....
7
7