briggs and stratton yardman self propelled lawn mower carb problem

We have the briggs and stratton yardman self propelled lawn mower that had sat for two years. Went to start it up after adding oil and fresh gas and the gas just leaked out from primer button and bottom of air filter case. this led me to beleive the carb float bowl was sticking so might be a good idea to replace gaskets and such. In the process of detaching the carburetor, a little plastic piece that sits on top of the carb body and and attaches to butterfly broke off. It also attaches to the linkage which I guess controls idle and speed. Where can I get a replacement plastic piece so I can get the carburetor back together and see if this thing will even run? I hope I dont have to spring for a whole carb body. Thanks for any help.

Reply to
anthony

B&S has great online tech support.

Reply to