Subject Author Posted Replies

Fire door manufactures
Hi, we are looking to replace some fire doors in common areas of a condo complex and I'm trying to research fire door manufactures (both commercial and residential). Who are the low end ones, the...
1
1

fire rated drywall req's?
Is fire rated drywall required on a basement ceiling? I'm checking local codes as well, but any input is appreciated. tia, j
6
6

vinyl window construction
I am about to pull the trigger on replacement windows and have a question regarding the construction of vinyl windows. Three different brands of windows have been quoted to me and I want to know if...
14
14

Singer Heaters
------------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - - 367424...
1
1

Anything to fill rust spot in bathtub?
I've noticed a 3/8" rust spot in my old bathtub. Is there anything similar to the automobile rustkits that would allow me to fill in the spot with some sort of quick drying epoxy or caulk, smooth...
3
3

Working? Bring plenty of water.
I'm wondering if I've got enough water in my bug out bag. Well, I'm sure I don't. Started the day with a glass of soda. The glass says it's 30 ounces. Bit of water with my tooth...
22
22

Fatigued washers?
Hi, Just bought a new saw which we disassembled for shipping. In putting it back together I observed that the washed are "fatigued". They have the imprints of the spring lock washers in them. Is it a...
2
2

Avoiding washer/dryer down stairs
Serious questions: Can you take out a dishwasher from a kitchen and replace with a small (stackable?) clothes washer (and dryer)? Could a plumber easily do that? Even sillier question: Clothes...
20
20

Stain Removal
One of the daughter-units took it upon herself to lube-and-grease her bicycle. I applaud her self-starter can-do attitude and follow-through. The bike looks marvelous and rides like new....
10
10

Hardipanel for Shed Siding?
I've got a line on some 5/16" X 4' X 8' Sierra Hardipanels, pre- primed, for $22 each. I'm planning on building a small lean-to style shed to house some bikes, etc. over the winter as...
3
3

appliance insurance???
anyone have any experience/comments/vendors etc. regarding purchasing appliance insurance for our home? Mostly new appliances but a very old but still working fine, oil furnace. paul
10
10

HVAC economizer
I was wondering how much trouble it would be to add an economizer to my reidential HVAC. I live in the NC foothills and the temp in the summer varies between the 90s in the day to the 60s at night. I...
4
4

How to kill those "Klunkers"
Sodium Silicate. The government mandates that cars traded in under the "Cash for Clunkers" program be permanently disabled and specifies that the method used is to replace the oil with Sodium Silicate...
87
87

Can I use Air Exchanger installation pipes for Air Condition?
Hi all, My new house has an Air Exchanger installation which is using during the cold season. I do not have yet an Air Condition. But I did put a window Air Condition on my basement and blow the cold...

Acid stain
Going to stain our driveway and patio. Never have done any staining, looks like anyone who pays attention and reads about it, AND has a practice space should do a fair job. My question: Are all acid...
1
1