Subject Author Posted Replies

Phosphate Removal from Swimming Pool Without Going Broke--Orenda Technologies PR-10000
I was getting a lot of algae in my pool. Leslie's measured the phosphate level at 2500 ppb (actually it was over 2500 but the test kit tops out at 2500). A good level is about 100. Leslie's sells...
3
3

Porch columns
I'm getting ready to replace the columns & railings on my front porch. The originals are wood, 16 years old, and beginning to come apart at the finger joints, etc. For a maintenance-free solution I...
6
6

HELP with Goo-Gone spill!!
We have a brand new home. I was cleaning some stickers off the glass fireplace covers and spilled about half a cup full of goo-gone onto the fireplace hearth. It's a very light, cream-colored...
23
23

Burying video/audio intercom to front gate
Can anyone point me to a good site that would prepare me for the task of burying about 50' of video, audio and power cable? Long. and lat. about the same as the President's (as in near Wash, DC) so...
12
12

Dremmel tool advice?
Hi, Don and i have been having more fun with our hobby. We enjoy refinishing furniture. When we have too much, we freecyle it. We generally are working on 'good bones' solid wood pieces. Its sanding...
16
16

"Smart" meters can save the power company
--- begin quote O.K. They just left GET THIS ! They tested with my smart meter with their own power company [equipment] and VERIFIED it WAS doubling the load!! THEN they installed another brand new...
19
19

Home Depot NOT helpful
Woman calls Home Depot with a simple question: "How do you get blood stains out of a carpet? A LOT of blood stains...Can I come get a steam cleaner right now?" Call made at 11:00 p.m.

Air conditioning price
In Pennsylvania a 1500 sq. ft. 2 story house. 26 years old. Gas heat pump installed now. How much would it cost to have a new heater & central air conditioner installed. Asking because i am thinking...
23
23

What's a "Nonwiring Wire Connector"
As per the subject line... Items 1 -3 of this page, are they used for? http://search.hardwarestore.com/?query=nonwiring%20wire%20connector&tId=2664...
5
5

hvlp spray gun
I thought that a high volume low pressure spray gun required air at about 60 cubic feet per minute and around 4 psi. This, I was told, could not be obtained with a standard air compressor (no easy way...
3
3

Is this Roofing error pretty common?
I put the roof on my half-price shed kit last yesterday and I noticed that the roofing instructions in the plans were wrong. I did a little internet research and found some indications that a lot of...
27
27

Fireplace insert on wheels
Hi, I'm purchasing a fireplace insert. I know that they need to be cleaned each year so I would like mine to slide in and out on castors with with breaks, or maybe some kind of lift mechanism that...
7
7

Wire nut w/5 #12
Can someone tell me the best way to wire-nut 5 #12 wires in a 4x4" box. I know that a red nut will accept 5 #12 solid wires, but is there a better way ? I have seen posts that talk about con-blocks...
35
35

What's the best floodlight with motion detector.
I live in the last house in a line of townhouse. The HOA wanted me or the guy whose building is at right angles to mine to put up a motion-detector controlled floodlight. I volunteered so that I could...
8
8

Tile flooring in bathroom
What is the best under layment cushioning for tile. I have seen a coat of such at a place I frequent. I have tile, but I want to put down a soft under layer over the old wood and then be able to...
2
2