Tile flooring in bathroom

What is the best under layment cushioning for tile. I have seen a coat of such at a place I frequent. I have tile, but I want to put down a soft under layer over the old wood and then be able to adhere the tile to the layer that is decent.

Reply to
joevan

On 8/25/2009 4:33 PM joevan spake thus:

You don't want anything soft under tile; that's a recipe for broken tile and cracked grout lines.

Usual stuff to put down over subflooring is concrete-fiberglass board ("Wonderboard" or equivalent). Very easy to work with, provides a hard, level and stable surface that takes tile mortar well.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

What type of tile are you asking about?

RicodJour