Subject Author Posted Replies

what vent to use
Hi, I didn't have space for a conventional vent in my kitchen, so I ended up putting a 6" pipe through my wall and into the exterior soffit. The only remaining question is what fan to use at the end...
2
2

New House
Is it possible to build a house out of cheese? And if it is, how would you keep the mice away?
19
19

Setting time for dap 33
I have a window that I used dap 33 to set the glass, and it's been sitting in my basement for two weeks. I checked it yesterday, and it was still pretty soft though it had seemed to skin over a bit....
7
7

cold microwave
My GE microwave JEM31GA 002 does not heat. Everything seems to work fine on it except for cooking. GE website does not offer any self-help on microwave repair. This microwave fits in the cabinet...
42
42

A Faucet Fix With a Happy Ending
The culprit here is a Kohler kitchen faucet with a single handle control and a pull out spray head from the spout. It's a model which we bought at Home Depot's Expo spin off before they closed. The...
1
1

iHeater?
This thing is a 1000 watt or 1500 watt electric heater. They say it will save hundreds on oil, gas etc. Bull crap! It will jack your electric bill out of sight if you use it much. Another gimmick lie...
1
1

Sound Insulation for my Computer!?
hi all, I bought a new computer recently, but it came with 3 fans! -- and the fan noise is driving me a little nutty. I replaced a nice Dell, that was whisper quiet [2 fans I think]. I need some ideas...
29
29

Installing stone veneer - weather barrier necessary?
I'm installing a stone veneer on top of a brick/cinderblock chimney with 2x4" studs and 7/16" OSB on top of that. The website for the company says to use 15 lb asphalt-sturated rag felt or ASTM226...

What to call a large shower with a tub inside?
We're planning our new home and we're considering some different layouts for a bathroom. One of the more creative ones is to create a tiled shower with glass surround, possibly 6'x10', and install a...
13
13

Way OT: Identity theft and Dell Computer rant
Before anyone reads this they should know: I have taken extreme measures to protect my identity and I have reported the incident to the local police and IC3. I have been in constant communications...
36
36

Delta Faucet and Sprayer issue
Hi all! We bought a new house, and I have been trying to do as much home repair stuff myself as possible. In that vein, I recently did a full repair kit on my Delta ball type kitchen faucet, as it was...
4
4

Draining attic furnaces?
Awl -- On the utterly useless ng alt.hvac, reference was made to a lennox 90% furnace not working in a very cold attic, that some drain was freezing up, causing the furnace to malfunction. What needs...
10
10

40 degrees in Ohio
Wow Hoooo Summer is comming back soon !!!!!! Spent elever hours in the shop. The wife thought I ran away. Pissed her off when I came back in to watch Nam build that Turkey Table AGAIN Jerry
4
4

air compressor regulators
In regard to regulators on air compressors: If the hose is loose on the end, can pressure be shut way down on it----or----turned way up? I can't remember if it works that way or not.
6
6

icy wood deck
We had a ramp at work that had a similar problem. "We used play and in a coat of clear urethane. It worked well. It was originally slippery when just wet and the sand eliminated all of that, but in...
7
7