Subject Author Posted Replies

Who is the Speed Queen of Microwaves?
I love my Speed Queen. Probably have it till the day I die. I do not like Microwave Ovens that blow out in one to three years. Margo's counter top Microwave just blew out. It is a 0.6 Cu-ft model...
37
37

Hanging a flat TV and running the wires through the wall. Need faceplate to cover the holes?
Hi, I have the plasma tv properly mounted and I made a hole in the sheetrock behind it and ran the wires down near the other hole just above the baseboard. Now I need some kind of face plate that will...
8
8

Gluing Linoleum
The edge of my linoleum floor covering is curling up next to the bath tub. The adhesive has failed. What type of adhesive can or should I use to glue it back down? Staples are not an option.
3
3

Fixed Delta Kitchen faucet side sprayer diverter valve
I jumped into a previous thread about these valves not working. I finally figured mine out. There was a rubber seal from an old diverter valve stuck in the valve assembly. I pulled it out with a bent...
2
2

Stripped Car Battery connection
Car battery with stripped threads in female connection for bolt entry. It's nearly new and cost a small fortune; is there any way to save this battery? Checked at Lowes, Canadian Tire and NAPA; the...
16
16

Caulking
I'm caulking the tub in the bathroom. What a mess. Whoever did it before must not have taken the time to clean out the mold and mildew. The more I tear out, the more I find. Other than bleach, what...
13
13

Recommendations for programable thermostat
I've been using a Honeywell and I'm frustrated (see previous post). Does anybody have a brand they recommend? Thanks a heap, -Zz
2
2

HELP: Honeywell progamable thermostat
It seems to have a mind of it's own. I set "Morning" to start at 12:00 am and run untill 6:30 am. Set the temp to 40 degrees (essentially turning off the furnace). "Daytime" (6:30 am start), "evening"...
18
18

Sewer smell from kitchen faucet/water
I live in a two story house with well water and septic tank. I've noticed that the water from my kitchen faucet sometimes smells like sewage. If I let the water run for a few minutes the smell usually...
15
15

lights that lower
We are looking for lights that could be mounted between the ceiling joists in the basement, but that could also be pulled down so that the light bulb is below the joists for more light. Are there any...
7
7

Best vacuum cleaner (one that doesnt have plastic agitator housing)? Dc17 dyson worth it?
I bought a Hoover U5140-900 back in march of 2008, just the other day, it became the third vac in about 5 years to die, because as the belt broke the agitator flopped around too much, eating away at...
24
24

New Dishwasher
Our 22 year old dishwasher is finally worn out, so we're going to replace it. When I removed it, I found several things that I didn't like. The copper tubing for the water inlet is kinked. That makes...
26
26

CPSC Book Recall
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE January 8, 2010 Release # 10-104 Firm's Recall Hotline: (866) 696-7602 CPSC...

Order laminate counters online
Does anyone have a resource for ordering laminate counters online, where they fabricate the pieces according to your dimensions & ship to your home? Part of my counter is extra-wide(36" instead of the...
6
6

My Happiest day cleaning a sewer line
I lived in the house about 9 years and the washer drain began overflowing. When the washer emptied the kitchen sinks would fill with water. I used drain cleaner a few times and it helped the problem,...
12
12