Subject Author Posted Replies

GE Fridge - freezer not working
Hi, We have a GE Profile Perormance side by side refridgerator/freezer that is about 11 years old. Recently the freezer sopped working properly. It still makes ice with no problems, but everything...
18
18

Drywall 9' walls
Gonna be helping a friend build a new house after a complete burnout. His ceilings are going to be 9'. what is the standard procedure for drywalling 9' walls? thanks steve
69
69

microwave redux
OK, so we're back from the great microwave shopping extravaganza... with nothing... due to the small size of our kitchen, the *depth* of the microwave is important, because it sits on some Metro...
12
12

Which router?
I'm going to purchase a router, guide, table, and a set of bits as a gift. Which router do you recommend without getting into a pro model? Steve
16
16

How to adjust honeywell round thermostat (mercury switch) to the right temperature
How do I adjust a thermostat so that the heat reaches the set temperature? My Honeywell round thermostat has a bulb with mercury in it and a coil of metal that seems to control when it makes...
36
36

The right grease
Guys I know this is off topic, but from what I read here I trust your opinions. I have a new 9mm Trurus handgun. What kind of grease do you recomend to use on the slide action. I am treasurer of my...
24
24

Old Thermador Oven- model MSC228 (25 years old) Need knobs
Hi, I have a Thermador MSC228 double oven.. I need replacement knobs, I tried repair clinic. they dont have any.. Does anyone know where I can find replacement knobs? I tried the generic h.depot ,...
7
7

Effective cutting/chopping boards.
By the way on the subject of kitchen 'cutting boards'. For many years, approx. 30, we operated a small family business, catering company; which required being at several locations on the same day and...

food friendly oil stain?
Hello, I just recently bought a very nice, heavy butcher block island for our kitchen. Our home is trimmed in dark oak. My wife really likes the butcher block but says the wood is way too light in...
15
15

Bloom Energy on 60 Minutes
Did anyone else here see the 60 Minutes segment last night on Bloom Energy? They are a CA based start-up company that is supposed to have a revolutionary fuel cell technology that is simple and cost...
102
102

How to cut back installed laminate floor
I need to cut an installed laminate floor back about 1.5" from a wall. I am wondering what would be the best tool for this. I tried a dremel ez-lock cutoff wheel and it will work but it is very slow...
12
12

HD Antennas
Has anyone here had experience with installing the newer flat-panel, amplified, HD, outside antennas? Satisfactory or a gimmick? bob
36
36

sprayer exploded
I had mildew on the side of a concrete block house and decided to do a little cleaning. Grabbed up my trusty plastic-body 1 gallon sprayer and filled it full of a bleach solution. I had about 6 or so...
12
12

Getting Concrete out of Wash Machine
Last fall I made a cement sidewalk in front of the house. I dod not have a concrete mixer so I put the redi-crete in the wash machine to mix it. This worked quite well. When I finished the job, I was...
14
14

OT. Lifelock
Do any of you use Lifelock? any pro or con? thanks in advance
12
12