Subject Author Posted Replies

Car battery
How long are they supposed to last? My car battery is 9 years old. My truck battery is 6 years old.
98
98

Material for workbench top
I have a 15 year old particle board workbench. The top is worn and I would like to put some type of material over the top so that I have a smoother surface. Any Suggestions? If so, what material...
20
20

Outdoor stair railings placement
Contractor terminated handrail on steps to 2nd last step from bottom and placed the railing about 4" in from the outside edge. Shouldnt it go to the bottom step and with 1" from the edge? Anyone know...
4
4

Where do you get replacement leaf baggers for your yard blower/vacuum
Where can we get a yard blower/vacuum bag that has a long STEEL zipper? My 2-stroke Echo yard blower/vacuum came with a leaf bag that has too short of a nylon zipper which was a pain to use even when...
4
4

[SOLVED] Termites
Hi, Termites have been found in my friend's third floor place. She wants to use something that is non-toxic. Any recommendations? And, what type of termites would be on a third floor? I thought they...
19
19

return of real solder?
had a small repair job to do this PM and my beloved Weller soldering station was left in my friend's garage as I've been helping him rewire an old Avanti... so I stop at Radio Shack on my way home and...
21
21

sealing concrete joints
I have a concrete patio that consists of 4 sections, about 10 feet square each, and they are slightly shifting to create 1/2" spaces between them, and the house foundation too. (you can't see how far...
6
6

Rain drainage solution
I posted about this an age ago and people asked for pictures. Now that construction is moving forward I finally have some. Here's my issue. I have a section between two dormers that is essentially...
18
18

HVAC -- what to do?
Situation: Family of five in a 2500 sq ft single family home in Northern California (Bay Area). Have central air with Carrier gas furnace and Armana air conditioner. We use the heating frequently in...
14
14

Cleaning Piano Keys
Does anyone know how to remove Crayola Invisible Marker from ivory piano keys? Warm soapy water didn't work. Thanks
30
30

Concrete Construstion
Hi, Concrete construction is common in Central America and other Latin American locales. Other than being hurricane and earthquake resistant what are the advantages and disadvantages of this...
11
11

Back yard drainage...
Posted earlier about standing water in the back yard, and we are now headed into another installment of the rainy season around here. Wondering: what would be wrong with routing the worst of the...
9
9

Stainles steel fridge door. Do fridge magnets attach?
Viewing the collection of 'stuff' on the door of our 30 year old white enamelled kitchen fridge wondering if, when it ultimately needs replacement, do fridge magnets attach to stainless? Not...
11
11

cordless phones
greetings, my elderly father spends alot of time at his workshop and barn that are about 300 feet from the house.he has concerns about calling for help whilst away from the house so i am looking for a...
59
59

Air Conditioner (window)
So my Air Conditioner descided to hang itself by the cord when I opened the window. :) I checked with an ohm reader to see if the cord was still good. All signs positive. I pluged it in, and was able...
11
11