Subject Author Posted Replies

Fluidmaster fill-valve
I got an American Std. toilet from the 1950's. Fluidmaster fill-valve was installed maybe 10 years ago. Tanks fills OK, but it seeps a little after fill-up. I push the float down a little and it...
16
16

Electric Dryer Shuts Off
We have a 7-year-old Whirlpool electric clothes dryer which worked perfectly until today. It will run for a few minutes, then shut off. The lint filter is clean and the exhaust is getting outside...
10
10

Water heater blanket for furnace supply plenum?
We have several high efficiency gas furnaces. The furnace itself is cool to the touch as are the insulated ducts. The only warm-to-hot part is the sheet metal supply plenum that is uninsulated. Since...
8
8

underground artisians/ french drain
I live at the bottom of a hill in the foothills. there are underground artisians and I have dug several trenches with 4" pipe draining the water constantly. The ground is saturated about 10 months out...
7
7

A/C Cover For Outside A/C Unit: Good Idea ?
Hello, Live in New England. Lots of snow, ice, etc. around here in winter. Do most of you folks use, or recommend, those plastic/rubberized Air Conditioner covers for the outside A/C unit (Condenser)...
11
11

dry location only halogen lighting...
My wife spent a good small fortune on halogen track for our bathroom that houses our shower. I've never seen a fixture marked "dry location only". Fixture is both CSA and UL (halogen) listed....
5
5

chainsaw will not start
Dolmar 5100 1.5 years old - 1 gallon of gas old (not used much) Opti 2 oil mix with stabilizer sparkplug has spark starter rope pulls, feel compression, but no combustion Before dying it was running...
32
32

Can you ID this hose buried in the ground
There is an area of my yard that gets lots of shade so the grass has departed. Today I saw the end of a hose poking out of the ground. I pulled on it thinking it was maybe a short piece of trash left...
21
21

Rat posion green pellets
What can keep eating my rat poison and it not kill them?
10
10

What is max service temperature of GE Silicone II sealant caulking?
I'm looking for some high-temperature sealant / caulking to use on my furnace (instead of using duct tape or aluminized tape). This is for seams in the usual places where air tends to leak out of the...
48
48

HF Free Shipping Weekend on $130+ Orders
Details: Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!
2
2

Painting a cement patio slab
I have a patio slab that has moved noticeably due to the swelling clay ground underneath. I'm thinking of painting the slab to deter water from penetrating it. Any pitfalls in this? Any suggestions...
3
3

Swapping out a built in oven next week.
I will be swapping out a built in oven next week (for my dad) and I had an electrical question. The current oven is on two breakers one 30amp and one 50amp. Is it normal to have two different...
16
16

bullet hole in siding
Home alone, the nine-year-old next door discharged his father's deer rifle in the house. The bullet went through the wall of the house and the Masonite siding of my garage. A plank a couple of inches...
193
193

Heat Surge
As a single senior and not very handy, I still get lots of useful information from this group. So whats the story with the Heat Surge that I just saw an infomercial about? Is it a scam? Does it...
22
22