Subject Author Posted Replies

double pole single throw switches
I have a double pole switch that i need to make a timer. Do they make such a switch? ------------------------------------- O O o ``/ /o `)) /_/_ss)) |_ss))/| |__ss))_| |__sss))_| |___ss))| |_ss))...
4

Lamp Switch Repair questions
I have a table lamp that uses a three way switch. But, the lamp does not use a 3 way light bulb. Here is how the switch works: 1st position: very small night light, at the bottom of the lamp is on 2nd...
3
3

20-amp ktichen circuit, 15-amp GFI okay?
I am adding two 20-amp circuits to provide a total of 6 above-the-countertop receptacles. I will be wiring them so that every other receptacle is on a different circuit -- so two sets of 3 receptacles...
14
14

PVC pipe as watering device
I have some areas that are awkward to water -- the little metal gizmos circular or rectangular-oriented always throw too far or not far enuff. II don't want to stand there for long periods. So I took...
6
6

Is it Safe to Run a Furnace on an Inverter? (2023 Update)
Routinely? On a simple furnace that's 25 years old? Rest assured the motors run directly on line power and the electronics such as there are on 24 V from a transformer. 2500 continuous, 5kW surge.
10
10

Appliances with mechanical controls not electronics?
Seems lately my appliance failures are due to electronic failures. Dish washer now gone bad twice (Maytag quietseries 300.) Anyone know of appliances with mechanical control? Gas stove with all the...
7
7

Electric water heater problem
My girlfriends water heater goes cold as she runs a bath. (It used to give plenty of hot water for 2 baths.) Twice now as I opened up to get to the thermostats it decided to work and was OK for one...
8
8

Web application tell you geographic elevation information about your home,
This is a handy apps for you to retrieve more detail information about your home. http://heightmap.appspot.com/heights.html
9
9

help with 4 light fixtures, 3-way and 4-way light switch problem
Let me explain the situation. There are 4 floors - base, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Each floor has a light fixture. The previous owners used a timer to control all the lights. To save energy my friend decided...
6
6

Water heater - time to replace??
I have a Rheem 41V40, 50 gallon, gas hot water heater in our house - not sure how long it has been here - the serial number is 0502 103535. I got in the habit of turning the water off at the street...
15
15

Tankless water heaters
Does anyone have experience with tnakless water heaters? Are they really cheaper than a central water tank? Do I need one installed next to every hot water tap? What is the cost (roughly)? Any...
62
62

Gas Lamp Manufacturer
I am renovating an old outdoor gas lamp that was converted to low-voltage electricity and nobody, including glass suppliers seem to be able to duplicate the glazing and design. I see these all over...
4
4

Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills and a lot of greenhouse gases. By...
56
56

Paint/primer combined
You guys trust the combined paint/primer (I am thinking mainly of the Behr stuff advertised by the BORG, but maybe there are others)? I have about 1500 sq of newly drywalled wall space to paint. It's...
26
26

Is this Benchgrinder ready for the trash??
I inherited a rough looking old bench grinder. I put a plug on it and the thing wouldn't turn on. As I said it was pretty old and also kind of rusty. I figured I'd look inside before doing anything...
8
8