Subject Author Posted Replies

In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them on the internet?
In 2012, will I be able to order round light bulbs from Canada or some other foreign country or will they be illegally manufactruing round light bulbs and selling them on the internet?
18
18

Gas Fired Hot Water Heater Safety Question
Hello, Regarding the typical home (vertical cylindrical type) gas fired hot water heater. Is it "legal," or a good idea, to shut off the water supply to these units when, e.g., going away on vacation...
7
7

Repairing A Good Size Hole In Ceiling ?
Hello, Lots of good advice on my previous Post regarding the damage from a pinhole leak in Copper water pipe in my ceiling. Much thanks to all. Tis is really a great Forum. Would probably be willing...
10
10

Need a replacement OTR microwave
I have a GE Spacemaker above the range microwave and it has been simply excellent for about 15 years! However, it has died and I need a replacement unit. It is a model JVM 250 WVC. The issue is the...
14
14

Flour & cement powder rat poison - queries (2023 Update)
I've recently come across some articles that mention you can make your own "non-toxic" rat/mouse posion by making a 50:50 mixture of regular/ corn flour and cement powder. They eat the mixture, then...
86
86

Copper Water Pipe Question ? And, Insur. Coverage ?
Hello, Would be most grateful for any opinions on this. Would like to get your opinions prior to calling Insur. Agent. Read my Homeowners policy, but truly hard to understand. I had a household water...
13
13

Redneck Log Splitter
Seems to work okay... Video
25
25

Wall plates
I'm looking for two different wall plates. I know I'm probably looking for something they don't make, knowing me. #1. Double gang - One standard duplex outlet and one GFCI #2. Triple gang - Two...
22
22

Basement bathrooms -- upflush/Saniflo systems
I am putting a full bath in a basement level apartment. The basement has a concrete floor, and center line of the horizontal 4-inch PVC sewer line that runs out to the street is about 8 inches above...
8
8

Short measure at propane tank exchange stations
While waiting for my wife outside a store yesterday, I passed the time by reading the information on the "Blue Rhino" propane tank exchange setup. No surprises until I got to the bottom and discovered...
46
46

New toilet
Anybody tried those new water saver toilets the one with a piss button and a shit button?
4
4

Toilet Shims - Hard or Soft
I have seen plumbers use pennys on vinyl so I'd guess hard for vinyl. Was there shims previously? I've never had a use for them myself. The one toilet I had that rocked a little on tile I took a hand...
3
3

Honeywell VisionPro Thermostat Question
I've got a curiousity question regarding the Honeywell VisionPro thermostats. When you set them up, you have to select the type of system. And you also have to set the number of cycles per hour. They...
9
9

Beeping can't find the reason
I have something that is beeping at me exactly every two minutes. I have ruled out the usual suspects of smoke alarms, the microwave. And even some stranger ones like my cell phones, oven timers, etc....
51
51

Follow-up on chimney sweeping.
When we last saw our hero, the chimney sweep had just left his house, telling him that he couldn't clean the chimney attached to his oil furnace because "it's too dirty". He said it would ruin his...
2
2