Subject Author Posted Replies

I love the smell of paint in the morning
Just did a paint job with Benjamin Moore "Aura" paint (customer-supplied). Had heard about the stuff but never used it before today. (It's a flat that they claim to be washable.) Besides seeming like...
2
2

Semi-OT: Keep your computer stuff secret
I don't judge you Bub, but that is a pretty odd hobby.
12
12

Apartment building fire
I had an apartment building fire with extensive smoke damage affecting many apartments with smoke damage only. I have been told by many contractors that when it is near 90f outside and humid the smoke...
57
57

Do they make a 2 hole strap that will support a pipe in a corner
The location we decided on for my new TV dish was on the back patio. I wanted it mounted in the corner where the rails meet at a 90 degree. Do they make a 2 hole pipe/pole strap that will allow you to...
16
16

OT: Lockheed Martin - an immoral player
Don't read much, eh? There have been literally hundreds of news articles about this situation since I first noticed them in the early 1970s.
4
4

Safe Products
To report an unsafe product, go to This is a user-friendly way to report a product that could injure or kill a consumer. There are never enough inspectors to check on everything, so citizens have a...
3
3

Honeywell Thermostat 2300B vs 2310B temp differences
Lowes sells the 2310B for 40, HD sells the 2300B for 25. Both seem to do about the same thing, the 2300 actually has a one button "HOLD" whereas the 2310 you have to remember or look-up what to do....
2
2

Lennox Induced Draft Blower failed
I have model g26q3/4-100-6. The induced draft motor has been whining for over a year -- rather loudly at times. I think it has finally died. It just moans now and does not turn -- furnace will not...
9
9

I need another door recommendation-basement steps
My basement steps lead up into the kitchen where the door swings out into the kitchen. The way the rooms and steps are laid out I can't put a pocket door at the top of the steps. Conveniently when...
22
22

I need a door recommendation
I know this is an oxymoron but I am looking for a decent pocket door for a half bath. I'm moving a few things around and the bath door will be on a wall in the foyer right at the bottom of the steps....
17
17

OT: Working Conditions
I've been hiring assorted workers around the house and I treat them very well. I make sure they aren't hungry or thirsty. In return they do very good fast work. They do their best work. They like...
6
6

aqua mix sealers choice gold question- see streaks on tile
Hi, I just applied some sealers choice gold to my tile... several hours later I see streaks... The instructions dont say that I was suppose to buff the tiles.. would appreciate any help regarding how...

Replacement Windows - joke
From another NG. Bob-tx Replacement Windows Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive double pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the Contractor who...

whirlpool dishwasher POS
i have a whirlpool POS dishwasher...about 2 years old. there's a little door that's supposed to close after filling a compartment with detergent. it's now stopped being able to be closed. i've checked...
11
11

Multi-Wire or Edison Circuit questions
Question: (fixed type font picture) L1 N L2 | | | |____@@_____|____@@_____| Outlet 1 Outlet 2 Are these statements correct using the above simple MW circuit? If you lose the neutral and have a lamp...