Subject Author Posted Replies

PDF of 2011 National Electrical Code posted
Hi all, Someone posted a pdf copy of the 2011 National Electrical Code over in: news: Erik
77
77

toilet gases
I recently had a bathroom installed in a newly constructed one bedroom apartment. Ocassionally I will smell strong gases or odors coming from around the toilet base. The shower and sink are also...
7
7

Weather in Delaware, is geothermal heat enough?
What kind of weather does Delaware have, and is geothermal heat with nothing else enough? I have friends who moved to Delaware 6 years ago, and she complains that it almost never gets hot in the...
10
10

Gutter Guard?
I belong to a little 1-story brick bungalow in a midwest US city, built in 1954, with detached 2-car garage. Both structures have shingled roofs. I wanted to install some sort of GG maybe 10 years...
7
7

Leaking Sink Waste Disposer
Insinkerator waste disposer( 1/2 horse Emerson Elec.) drips when dish washer runs or when faucet is turned on. Connecting pipe from dish washer and pipe to drain are both dry. Dripping seems to come...
8
8

OT The Cloud
Although "The Cloud" is not something I consider secure, I have found a use for it. Google docs gives you 5 gig of storage. I have started scanning receipts and putting them on "The Cloud" This will...
43
43

Variable speed pool pumps?
In the Polaris pool cleaner thread the subject of variable speed pool pumps came up. Which got me thinking about them again because a friend who has a pool with a single speed pump is considering...
12
12

IP based security camera for outdoors -- Recommendation Needed
Hi.. We live in a fairly safe neighborhood, but we've been hearing of some= occurrences of crime so I'm thinking of adding a couple of outdoor cameras= to the house to pick-up anything out of the...
4
4

Rohl faucet bathroom-----question.. have deep sink bathroom--push up dain doesnt open enough..
Hi, I've got a Rohl bathroom drain- have a vanity, with deep sink.. when I use the push up drain it opens but appears to be too short... question.. I will be getting a longer arm,,, is this difficuult...
3
3

O.T. Solar power.
Will the company still be in business next year. Are hail storms warranted against? Since they can't power the house without the grid, the grid will be there in the interim. If its not, you're SOL...
34
34

OT After a storm here in GA a stray pup has made my home hers
Anyone know what kind of dog this might be? She just started hanging out at the house. She was at the house one morning. I left for a dental appointment and when I returned she was still here. She...
18
18

Fibre Tool Box
I have an old "Bell System" tool box made out of fibre, I want to make it look like new,anybody familiar with this type of material? The manufacturer wants too much info,I just want to know how I can...
10
10

Air conditioner problem
It is me with problem with the upstairs heat pump again. When the compressor comes on, the fan on the compressor starts. Usually within a few seconds, the fan motor shuts off but the compressor keeps...
30
30

Swimming Pool Polaris
My swimming pool polaris has stopped moving. The pump appears to be working but the polaris is not working. The hole where we connect the polaris is not getting any water flowing through it. The pump...
6
6

Garden hose or occasional use -- buy quality?
If you need it to last forever, really run up the credit card debt and buy Sears Craftsman Rubber Hose. They will replace it forever, just like the tools
20
20