Subject Author Posted Replies

Leaking 2013 AA Energizer Battery
Happened to try a seldom-used tv remote control last night, dead. opened it up, one 2013 AA Energizer battery was fine, the other was dead and leaking. I stupidly thought that the date on batterries...
32
32

Furnace filter doesn't filter?
Due to allergy I installed a filter cabinet and a merv 12 4-inch filter in my furnace. I thought I'd be getting very clean air. To verify, I cover two floor registers with furnace filters. After a few...
9
9

May leave Xmas lights up all year
I put up a couple of strings of white LED Xmas lights up underneath my front porch and plugged them in to the existing lamp socket. You cant see the lights from the front of the house but they light...
9
9

Cutting off the top edge of a car battery?
What tool would you use to cut the black hard rubber? top end off of a car battery, the part that holds the plastic handle on? Hack saw, eledtric sabre saw? Some sort of hot wire device? ?? And is...
21
21

Power supply to heating thermostats. Commercial building.
I have a commercial building with about five thermostats for heating. They are of the non-smart variety, maintaining the same temperature regardless of time of day, with only a pair of 24v contacts...
24
24

Happy New Year!
I started hearing semiautomatic gunfire about 6:30pm. I haven't heard any bullets land on the roof or vehicles yet. Years back when I had a warehouse downtown, I found a number of 7.62 and 5.56...
33
33

Whirlpool stove
We have a 2 year old Whirlpool Gold double oven stove, that has some issues. 1st issue. when we want to use the oven, we set the oven to pre-heat at 350, in about 5 minutes, the oven beeps, saying...
8
8

Garbage disposal lubrication
The garbage disposal in my kitchen was here when I bought the house several years ago. I have no idea how old it is. I have no problem with its operation -- stuff gets chopped up and disappears down...
24
24

WTB - Sheet metal shears
Hand held, DeWalt style DW890. Looks like a drill with a pair of scissors sticking out of be #DW892, which cuts thicker, and has a swivel head. Must be operational and in decent shape. Can be...
1
1

Brabants?
Check out this page-- for Laico and Scout Laico says he's 100% imported-- that's what the european ones look like-- We've bred them over here to be trimmer. None as cool as the one you saw-- but I...
2
2

Federal Pacific panel replace tips
December 30, 2011, Friday I'm going to be assistant, replacing a FPE panel, tomorrow. From what I can figure, it means to switch off the power. Big breaker outdoors. Cut some drywall (flush mount) and...
37
37

New Propane Torches are junk
Years ago I had several propane torches and although I dont use them often, they lasted years. Eventually they just would not light anymore. Several years ago I bought a BernzOmatic propane torch (not...
18
18

Pinhole in 2" Steam pipe
Last night while checking on one of the buildings I manage, I noticed a pinhole leak coming from a 2" steel pipe that enters the side of the boiler. The leak is not at the boiler, but at the top of...
22
22

Is this how you wire the RJ45 female wall mount connectors?
I recently did my very first cat5e wiring in my life (details elsewhere). The tools for the male connectors weren't too hard to figure out but what tools do YOU use for the female connectors? Here,...
19
19

Old-fashion hot water radiators
Oil heat + circulator. Should rads be bled when hot or cold? -ChrisCoaster
1
1