Subject Author Posted Replies

Replacing bath vanity
A leaky toilet resulted in some mold on the vanity and I have elected to build a replacement. I want to reuse the one-piece faux stone top/sink. But in order to remove the top, I need to remove a...
2
2

OT: Indiana becomes a Right To Work state
Fixed it. There's a reason that wages, benefits, and standards of living are all lower in right-to-work states.
24
24

Battery operated venetian blinds
Have three small windows about 24" x 24" and I am looking for battery operated remote control white faux wood venetian blinds. I want them to retract and drop remotely as the windows are high but have...
16
16

INSTAHANG = JUNK!!!
The instahang is JUNK. It is cheaply made, and DOES NOT WORK!!!! It looks so easy on the commercial--but don't be fooled like I was. It is a worthless product, and you end up paying approx $14 for...
5
5

OT Taxes ~ Hybrid Car Tax Credit
Anybody else have trouble with this? Cadillac, Mercedes, Porshe Only one normal car on there the Altima. What is the differnce between my 2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid and a Escalade Hybrid other than...
24
24

Terms: cement lime sand mortar grout thinset concrete
In another thread, I confused everyone by being wholly ignorant about the terms concrete vs cement vs mortar vs grout. So how's this first pass at clarifying: Cement --> aka "Portland cement" - it's...
3
3

Three-way to Two-way Switches
The light in the laundry room and the light on the back porch are both cont= rolled by a pair of three-way switches. The first switch is where you come = into the laundry room from the dining room and...
24
24

Follow-up and apology on OT Will search engines find my webpage?
I'm embarrassed to say that I forgot** that the ad they mailed me contained the password for the webpage, so IIUC that means even if google comes up with the webpage, it wlll still require a password,...
1
1

Removing old deck boards
This spring I'm going to replace the deck boards, railings, and staircases on my back deck. The previous owner of the house didn't use pressure treated lumber on these boards and they're weathered,...
19
19

Spray Foam Insulation
When I watch some home construction and repair shows, I often see them use open and closed cell spray foam insulation. Often the spray the foam in the attic between the rafters and in direct contact...
7
7

Real washing machines
We've pretty much had it with our HE front loader. It's a GE and that may be part of the problem. But it is a piece of junk, only 2 1/2 years old and of course, made in China. It doesn't clean well,...
14
14

It's Back!
They used to be free, just for walking in. I guess they got cleaned out pretty good, now they are only free with purchase. I gave them out for Christmas presents, a couple years in a row, now....
8
8

Sour smell beneath washer
We had a leak around the washer. The floor is vinyl and I didn't see = anywhere it could leak. But now 2 weeks later, there is a sour smell = coming from under the washer. I will pull it out tomorrow...
16
16

Never say "Gimme a Break"
"Gimme a Break" This is the one expression you NEVER use in an auto service garage. Don't matter if you spell it "break" or "brake", it sounds the same, and some doofuss WILL surely hand you a brake...

Shut Up Holmes
about stupid exhaust gases leaking in the house from the garage. Seriously. How many people run their vehicle in the garage long enough to have any effect?
11
11