Zurn Aquaflush leaking only as the flush is ending - Help!

Hi, I have a Zurn Z6000 Aquaflush and it only leaks as the flush is ending and it stops leaking after the flush is completed. This page shows the Aquaflush:

Should I replace the vacuum breaker valve?

Do I disassemble by first unscrewing the spud coupling, followed by the coupling at the vacuum breaker? I assume I dont need to unscrew the tailpipe coupling, right?

Thanks for any tips!

Reply to
dchou4u

Hi, I have unscrewed the tub nut and the spud nut to loosen the vacuum breaker tube, but I cannot slip out the tube so that I can change the rubber vacuum breaker. Does anyone know how I can slip the tube out? Do I need to unscrew the brass bolt that is attached to the toilet bowl? Or should I rotate the valve body up? I tried to rolate the valve body upward, but it is really tight and I hate to break anything.

Here are some pictures:

Any tips?

Reply to
dchou4u

Reply to
Don & Lucille

Reply to
Don & Lucille

I have fixed it by pulling the old vacuum breaker out through the little gap that I have between the vacuum tube and the flush valve body. The breaker is made of rubber, so I squeezed it and pulled it out.

I then installed the new vacuum breaker by stuffing it through the gap and seating it inside the vacuum tube.

Thanks!

Reply to
dchou4u