WWYD?

I receive products on a regular basis to review. I do not have to return these products.

Last Friday I received a 2000 watt portable generator. I have not even opened the box. Today I come home, and there is yet another, same kind and brand of generator sitting on my doorstep. Surely someone in shipping messed up. I now have 2, but once I review a product, I'm not permitted to review the exact same product.

WWYD?

Reply to
Earl

Can your wife or brother-in-law write worth a damn?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

I'm not required to send it back. I just feel guilty because if I do bring it to their attention, someone may get disciplined over it. Then in another sense, if I don't say anything, I just don't feel right about it.

Reply to
Earl

Call one of the two suppliers and tell them what's happened. I suspect they will tell you to keep -- or otherwise dispose of -- the "extra" unit. The alternative is for *them* to arrange for it's transport *back*.

Then, you don't have to worry about someone discovering the mistake at a later date, etc.

Reply to
Don Y

There are at least a couple guys here that write well and are growing up to be finicky old farts.

Report the extra to whoever you're working for. Would keeping the second one be considered theft? Could the possible oversight be a test of your honesty? You gotta face the man in the mirror.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

I think if something is delivered to you and ADDRESSED to you, it isn't considered theft to keep it. If it was addressed to someone else, well... :<

Exactly. An interesting question I pose to people: how much money would it take for you to NOT report finding a sum of money? Consider that the person who "lost" it might know where he *left* it!

Reply to
Don Y
< s n i p s >

Yep. Basic every day honesty is not a big deal. .. not difficult at all . Just Do It .. John T.

hubops

A man found a bag that fell out of an armored truck containing north of $300k about 30 years ago. He turned it in. It was all over the news. I never could understand how often armored truck doors popped open, depositing cash bags on the road. I guess they fixed the latches, since I've haven't heard about it happening in the past 20 years or so.

Reply to
Vic Smith

Story time: I've been playing a game at the corner store here with a shiny penny. I put it in a place where it would be noticed and told the workers there that if anyone who does not know about the game turned it in they would get a free oatmeal raisin cookie on me. A couple of months ago I was in line at the counter and noticed that it was missing, again. I mentioned it to the gal at the register and asked if it was turned in. Behind me was a young boy with his sister and he heard me and said he has it. The register gal asked him what he was going to do with it, keep it or turn it in. He was quiet for a bit and I acted uninterested and distracted. Then, he put it on the counter and said it was not his! Whuh! We all cheered and made a big deal of it and I told him the game and would he like an oatmeal or chocolate chip cookie! He took the oatmeal and I put my hand on his shoulder and said "You are an honest boy Noah! You are the first one in about four years to do the right thing. I'm proud of you!" He sure had a big smile and I bet he remembers this for a long time, eih? phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

I think that would be an easy one for me -- too *much* money! I found $20 bill in a "parking lot" (if you can call it that!) at Alpine Valley many years ago. Where the hell am I going to turn *that* in? Which Dead Head is going to remember that he lost it? And, that he lost it *there*??

I found a bag of freshly purchased items (can't remember what they were) at Woodfield Mall, one day. No one in sight. So, I brought the bag home, found a charge receipt inside and dug out the phone book.

Couldn't find the exact name but managed to talk to a man who was extremely cautious regarding my inquiries (about his daughter -- though I didn't yet know that). I told him the story and that I was trying to find the owner to arrange to return them.

He gave me her number and I called her. She had just walked in the door and hadn't even realized she'd "lost" some of her purchases! She was ready to drive back down to the mall to pick them up from me (she lived pretty far north). That, of course, would be silly.

"If you'll give me your address, I'll mail (ship) them to you..."

A week later, I called her again to verify that they had arrived. "Yes, but you didn't include your return address or phone number so I had no way to reinmburse you for the shipping charges!"

"Correct. That makes it clear what my intention was, doesn't it?"

I may be an atheist but that doesn't mean I don't believe their is a Right and a Wrong.

Reply to
Don Y

I may be a theist and I know there is a right and wrong! (?? ?_??)

Reply to
bob_villa

Why are you an atheist? Just curious.

Reply to
Muggles

Call them and tell them, they will either have it shipped back(cost) or just tell you to keep it. No one is going to get in trouble....it's the computers fault : ) Then, you will have done the right thing and put the ball in their court.

Reply to
ChairMan

Were they sent from the same company? I'd be tempted to review the one which arrived first, and notify the second company to send a return shipping label.

Jesus would probably call down legions of angels, and have them fly the second generator back to the shipper, no charge.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Ah kan wrat, sen id two meee.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If someone double sent (were they both from the same return adress?), that person does need to be reminded to have more attention to detail. And not double double send send.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I talked to a guy who said he was armored car driver. He said one time the intentionally left a bag full of empty bags on the tailgate, and drove off. Curious to see how long it would last on the ground before someone snagged it. Not very long, at all.

One time they had clear bags to carry the funds, that was a huge mistake. The canvass ones were bad enough, but clear bags with stacks of wrapped bills made people eyes pop out.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How are those 2 things even remotely connected?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

~30 years ago, I had a discussion with a "Holy Roller" neighbor in which I mentioned my atheism. Mouth agape, her reply was: "But how do you know what's Right and Wrong??" -- which left *me* with my mouth agape: if you need some guy in a fancy robe to tell you Right vs. Wrong, I'm SURE GLAD you spend a day each week listening to SOMEONE who gives you that perspective!

Reply to
Don Y

I'm theist, but I don't use no double negatives, can't stand when that fails to happen wrongly.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon