Is there any use for scrap treated wood?

Is there any use for scrap treated wood?

I had to buy an 8' post when I only needed 6' (39" above ground and I guess 33" below ground)

And I had to buy 10' poles** to make 8' half-round fence rails, because no one had 8' in 3.5-4" diameter. I bought 7 poles, which makes 14 rails, and soon I'll have 14 two-foot pieces of treated semi-round wood.

What useful thing can I possibly do with them?

**It turned out to be good, maybe, that I had to buy poles two feet too long, because the sawyer had trouble pushing the last foot or so through his saw (a circular saw with a blade about 4 feet in diameter) and I didn't have to ask him to try harder to cut through the center (even though he pretty much did anyhow).
Reply to
Micky

Build a raised flower bed with it.

Reply to
Muggles

Years ago, before I learned it was advised against, I'd burn it in my fireplace.

Older treatment was with arsenic and chromium compounds now banned by the EPA and replaced with copper salts. The newer woods will not survive in the ground nearly as long.

If you are not breathing the smoke or smoking food with it, I think burning limited quantities presents no hazard.

Reply to
Frank

There are people who can use that. Craft people for instance. If they'd be square blocks, like from a 4x4, they would be useful for blocking tires on vehicles or trailers. But round ones are not good for that.

There is some guy I've seen at flea markets who takes all sorts of objects, such as statues, a casting of a deer, dog, horse, angel, etc and mounts then on a base. Then he always puts about a 2' piece of post on it, and has a solar light on top. Then the whole thing has artificial flowers or ferns, or similar around the whole base. Someone like that would take them off your hands and might even pay you.

Or put 4 of them in the ground and using treated 2x8's make small raised flower gardens or something like that.

Post them on Craigslist at $1 each and see what happens......

Reply to
RealPerson

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I am from the gov't and here to help! (snicker)

Reply to
Tekkie®

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

lame Me I Didn't Vote For Him" ^_^

Maybe it will be a her in there when this happens. Not trying to hex you bu t accelerate this process.

Reply to
Tekkie®

That's a thought. Not for me, because I'm in a townhouse and don't have space.

Good idea.

Thanks everyone

Reply to
Micky

Wow. I usually don't care about fashion, but most of those are really beautiful.

And since the bands are wood, they should last, what, 40 years or more.

Reply to
Micky