Would this drain pipe work?

Would someone please tell me if there is anything wrong with the drain pipe in the following photo? Please note that the actual pipe is not yet installed. The photo shows the cutting in the wall where pipe will go. The distance is 4 feet to the corner and another one foot to the waste pipe.
I'm asking the question because all the drain pipes I have seen go straight down, never horizontal. Thanks.
http://g.udn.com.tw/upfiles/B_LI/linxiaoxian/PSN_PHOTO/867/f_21123867_1.jpg
On 4/2/2017 12:01 PM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

I've seen longer runs than that and they worked. It should have some pitch, of course. All drains are pretty much horizontal at some point if they go from the house to the main sewer in the street.
On 04/02/2017 11:01 AM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

Drain lines have horizontal (or nearly so) runs all the time; it's impossible to always have everything directly on top of everything else.
There are Code rules pertaining to drop, length to vent, etc., etc., etc., ...
What is it the drain for?
On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 12:09:15 PM UTC-4, dpb wrote:

Obviously, or crap would only be able to go straight down and we all know it goes various distances, including miles, to get where it's ultimately going.
it's

+1

On 04/02/2017 1:26 PM, trader_4 wrote:

For such distances it's almost certain there are also pumping stations, though, not just all gravity-flow...

On 02/04/2017 22:39, dpb wrote:

Kitchen sink.
On 4/2/2017 6:49 PM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

Easy. The one in my last house was similar. If you use a garbage disposal be sure to run enough water to flush it. For normal use, should be ok.
On 04/02/2017 5:49 PM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

What's the diameter? Looks small. As another said, may matter if isn't vented nearby.
If I had the option to do it, I'd use plastic (it's a lot slicker than galvanized) and lose the sharp elbows; in fact, I'd prefer to run a straight shot from the wall to the drain to eliminate that corner entirely. Failing that, at least use a sweep in the elbow, not the sharp one and have a cleanout somewhere "just in case"...

On 03/04/2017 11:15, dpb wrote:

For kitchen sink, should be at least one and a half inches. Wet vent. I haven't really measure the diameter. Will do so in a couple of hours.
On 4/2/2017 12:01 PM, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

It's not a complete horizontal as you can see a pitch which is proper. Very common in many households.
On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:01:48 AM UTC-5, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

Just curious. Are you a friend of Squiggy's?
On 03/04/2017 10:07, Alfred Newman wrote:

Sorry, no.
On Sunday, April 2, 2017 at 11:01:48 AM UTC-5, Lenny Jacobs wrote:

Are you doing a dry vent or a wet vet ? If wet you will need to check pipe size allowed by code for X feet in run.
On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 22:31:45 +0630, Lenny Jacobs

NO It wont work. You are an idiot to even think it will work. Call a plumber, you are too stupid to work on plumbing!
Unfortunately, I bet your also too stupid to use a telephone too, so do this. Go out into the street and stand in front of moving traffic. If you dont get run over, the cops will arrest you. Thats when you ask the cop to call a plumber for you.
snipped-for-privacy@plumbshop.com wrote:

And you're a nym-shifting prick . Go away and stay there , cow .
--
Snag

This clown is worse than Zika. I tried to get him banned from aloe.org but doesn't seem to care.
Anybody have any idea how to toss this idiot?
Oh Terry could you please eliminate the Avast ad, thank you.
Tekkie® posted for all of us...

I meant the AVG ad, sorry.
--
Tekkie