Worth fixing compressor hose?

I have a compressor hose that is busted near the end. Toss it or get it repaired? That is the question. It would mean putting a new crimped fitting on the end and then of course I'd reuse the connecter. I just don't know who could repair it.
You can repair it yourself. The questions is what condition is the rest of the hose. If it broke because it is in bad condition, then replace it, if it broke because something damaged it, repair it.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
@hotmail.com says...

Thanks. I tossed another hose that was just too brittle. This one has plenty of life in it, except of the crack near one end. How do I repair it?
blarg wrote:

got to ace hardware store and buy an end piece that matches your and it comes with a hose clamp, screw on type and this will hold it for you.. if it broke there you can get another 25-50 hose from harbor freight www.harborfreight.com for about $10-$20 and replace it....
<< I have a compressor hose that is busted near the end. Toss it or get it repaired? >>
Fix it. Cut back enough of the hose to get to sound material and install a Milton repair end. Then screw your spud back on as on the original. Get familiar with the Milton line of air products. They have been pretty much one of the industry best for many years and are readily available from most auto supply places. FWIW, i've used them commercially for more than 30 years. Good luck.
Joe
@aol.comtosspam says...

Thanks Joe, I will check out Milton for this, it's about what I was looking for.