Worth fixing compressor hose?

I have a compressor hose that is busted near the end. Toss it or get it repaired? That is the question. It would mean putting a new crimped fitting on the end and then of course I'd reuse the connecter. I just don't know who could repair it.

Reply to
blarg

You can repair it yourself. The questions is what condition is the rest of the hose. If it broke because it is in bad condition, then replace it, if it broke because something damaged it, repair it.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan

Thanks. I tossed another hose that was just too brittle. This one has plenty of life in it, except of the crack near one end. How do I repair it?

Reply to
blarg

got to ace hardware store and buy an end piece that matches your and it comes with a hose clamp, screw on type and this will hold it for you.. if it broke there you can get another 25-50 hose from harbor freight

for about $10-$20 and replace it....

Reply to
jim

Fix it. Cut back enough of the hose to get to sound material and install a Milton repair end. Then screw your spud back on as on the original. Get familiar with the Milton line of air products. They have been pretty much one of the industry best for many years and are readily available from most auto supply places. FWIW, i've used them commercially for more than 30 years. Good luck.

Joe

Reply to
Joe Bobst

Thanks Joe, I will check out Milton for this, it's about what I was looking for.

Reply to
blarg