woodpecker

I have a woodpecker that wants to build a home high up below my roof. I can't get a ladder there its so high. It has been pecking away for weeks. I would like to just scare it away with bird sounds.

Do the predator bird sounds work long term?

Reply to
John Robertson

I was thinking a .22 with birdshot.

Reply to
Dean Hoffman

Some tips on deterring wood peckers:

'%20yearly%20patterns. For those suggesting weapons, woodpeckers are protected under the migratory bird act in Canada, killing one could be far more expensive.

Reply to
Idlehands

Read his signature, and it's Canada.

Reply to
Idlehands

I had recalled fake snakes but google sez:

Shiny Objects. Shiny, reflective objects make great deterrents for problematic birds. ... Predators. Birds have many natural predators including cats, owls, and larger birds of prey. ... Garden Balls. ... Bird Spikes. ... Repellent Sprays.

Reply to
invalid unparseable

Any chance it's feeding? A persistent woodpecker may have found insects living in your wood. I'd want to be sure why it was there. I've never had a woodpecker attack my house, but they get pretty close to it pecking away at tree branches that have insects living in them.

Reply to
TimR