Wood Glue Suggestions ?

g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

re: Curing at higher than room temp is also a good idea...I use incandescent lamps or my car's trunk in the hot sun

For large objects, I've used a black trailer, in the sun, with an electric heater. (the heater may have been overkill )

Reply to
DerbyDad03

Phisherman wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

End-to-end or edge-to-edge should always be pegged, glued and clamped. So, yes, it does work...when done right.

Reply to
Red Green

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (N O) wrote in news:10740-47BE85A7-261@storefull-

3276.bay.webtv.net:

Pegged, glued and clamped.

Reply to
Red Green

However if you flex the resulting joined boards until "something" breaks, the break will be right at the glue joint rather than a few inches away from it. The glue may be stronger than the wood, but the overall joint is not stronger. A biscuit or pegs would definitely help.

Reply to
salty

Not at all necessarily...

--

Reply to
dpb

Best of luck to you!

Reply to
salty

re: Pegged, glued and clamped.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

DerbyDad03 wrote in news:d8b94ea6-aaa8-4387-8c76- snipped-for-privacy@d4g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

I've never use biscuts. A long time REAL woodwooker friend of mine ranted and raved about them when they came out. At that time he said the machine was real expensive. That was a bit ago. I suppose by now they are reasonable.

Reply to
Red Green

You can get 'em for under a $100, although my DeWalt cost a bit more than that.

I'd be hard pressed to locate my doweling jig and centers if I ever came up with a reason to use a dowel for joining again.

With the biscuit joiner, alignment is done with a couple of free hand pencil marks on the pieces to be joined. Butt joints, T-joints, even

45's can be done in a matter of a few short minutes.
Reply to
DerbyDad03

Old fashioned stuff! You don't have a Domino?

(just kidding)

Reply to
Robert Allison

I'm having a little trouble justifying a Domino to SWMBO. I'm close though - NOT!

Reply to
DerbyDad03

You have to justify a tool? The only question should be "do we have the money today?" If the answer is "yes" you buy the tool. If the answer is "no", the second question is "when will we? How about next payday?"

My wife and I discuss major purchases, but we each have out hobbies and spend what is available for them as we see fit. I can assure you she has not saved enough money making clothing to justify her tools, same as I cannot monetarily justify my tool costs with a ROI.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

re: You have to justify a tool?

Yes.

re: I can assure you she has not saved enough money making clothing to justify her tools

She doesn't have to.

Boy, that was easy.

Reply to
DerbyDad03

I am a general contractor and I just can't bring myself to pay

1,000.00 for a tool that is basically a biscuit joiner on steroids. And I don't have to justify it to anyone.
Reply to
Robert Allison

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@n58g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

SWMBO