Window Will Not Stay Up

We have a 2 year-old home with vinyl windows and several will not stay up (open) - they slide down after we let go of them. Anyone have a way to correct this problem?. Obviously, we can just prop them up with with a stick but this is not an ideal solution. Thanks.

Reply to
bohacks

There is acounter-weight mechanism in the left & right tracks that has failed or sprung. A profesional window installer/repairer can install a new one.

Reply to
JGolan

my can be wond tighter if needed. this happens occasionally as the springs stretch.

do they almost stay up? or just fall fast?

fast fall no tension broken spring

marginal hold adjust spring tension

Reply to
hallerb

Are they tilt-in or easy to remove for cleaning windows? If so one or both sides may not be connected to the counter weight/spring devices. Also those devices may be defective.

Reply to
Joseph Meehan