Will hydrogen balloons come back?

We all know it burns but the resulting compound is water that is a lot denser than H2 or O.

Does the volume decrease or is the H2O going to be water vapor? Is that a higher or lower volume than the original H2 component?

Reply to
gfretwell

George used improper usenet message composition style by full-quoting:

I love you too George.

Reply to
Tim Taylor

Who cares? We don't need more. The US has been *exporting* oil and gasoline for the past year or two - the first time since the 1970s. That's _besides_ the refineries cutting production. They've cut back and have been exporting because US consumption is the lowest it has been in years, and they want to keep the prices up.

Hello, people - our high gas prices aren't because of a shortage of gasoline, it's because the producers are controlling the market to keep the prices (and their profits) up. The last thing they want or need is to have still more hitting the market.

Reply to
HellT

So, we should vote obama out?

.

Who cares? We don't need more. The US has been *exporting* oil and gasoline for the past year or two - the first time since the 1970s. That's _besides_ the refineries cutting production. They've cut back and have been exporting because US consumption is the lowest it has been in years, and they want to keep the prices up.

Hello, people - our high gas prices aren't because of a shortage of gasoline, it's because the producers are controlling the market to keep the prices (and their profits) up. The last thing they want or need is to have still more hitting the market.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If you can't figure that out, you're as stupid as HomoGay.

Reply to
krw

Wrong (lefties always are). We may be exporting gasoline and refined products but *not* oil. We are still by *far* a net importer.

What a loser.

Utter nonsense.

Reply to
krw

Ya' think?!

Increases - a LOT. You know, heat?! PV=nRT, and all.

Water vapor at the same temperature would have a lower volume by 2/3s. Three molecules in, two out; 2H2 + O2 => 2H20.

Reply to
krw

*plonk*
Reply to
G. Morgan

The US does NOT export oil. At least not to any measurable degree.

Since the 1970's, that notion - that oil companies collude to fix the price of petroleum products - has been the never-ending story. There have been, I think, no less than fifteen congressional hearings and governmental studies regarding this issue and not one has found any evidence of price-fixing or any other shaky activity.

Reply to
HeyBub

Another idiot with fingers in ears, humming loudly, so he can't hear the adults verbally spank him.

Reply to
krw

You know as well as I, that lefties don't need no steenkin' facts. Accusations are more than enough ("It's not the nature of the evidence but the seriousness of the charges").

Reply to
krw