Why you should change your vehicle to flex fuel

Many hospitals are doing that today.. X rays and other diagnostics read bby foreign doctors including china

Reply to
hallerb

if obama and the democrats hadnt stimulated the economy with all that overspending we wouldnt have a bad economy today.

it would be a outright depression with unemployment over 20%

GM would be owned by china with only a few parts warehouses remaining in ther US.

Not only would the final assembly plants be gone but so would all the parts suppliers

Reply to
hallerb

Didn't GM sell the Hummer line to the Chinese?

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Perhaps someday, India and China will outsource tech support to The U.S. which shouldn't be a problem since there are more Chinese who speak English than Americans. 8-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I think it's covered in the extradition treaty

Reply to
Ala

Better to be in a depression with 20% unemployment that what we've got. We know how to fix a depression.

Reply to
HeyBub

We have better drugs to treat depression these days. :-)

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

"Ala" wrote in news:7PSdnSlCUr3J3kbRnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

hallerb is just venting his insanity.

Reply to
Jim Yanik

so do tell how do you fix a depression? details please:)

Reply to
hallerb

Quite simple, you start a mechanized world war that causes every industrialized country on the planet to build massive numbers of tanks, ships and other hardware that you immediately blow up. Unfortunately the atomic bomb pretty much eliminated that option.

Reply to
gfretwell

Yep no WW3 will get us out of a depression.

So what other solutions do you have?

Reply to
hallerb

Here in NoVA I actually have a flex fuel car as my company heaver but it's never had anything but E10 in it. Can't get 100% gasoline anymore, but can't get E85 either. I can't remember ever seeing a fuel station selling E85 in my whole life. I might run a tank through if I could get it, just to keep everything clean.

Besides, at least as of a couple years ago, growing corn for fuel ethanol was pretty much a wash in terms of "saving the planet" - most of the equivalent amounts of fossil fuels that would be replaced by the ethanol were used in the *production* of the ethanol, and some studies showed that burning ethanol actually *increased* our dependence on fossil fuels.

nate

Reply to
N8N

There was a big feature in I think Smithsonian? Or Nat'l Geographic? a couple years ago that said just that. In some cases you're right, in some cases it's a wash, and in a very few cases E-fuels actually showed a net benefit. Now that is only true for the US; in South America where you can grow sugar cane it definitely is worthwhile to use ethanol instead of gasoline.

I hope that things have changed since then as I really would like to see a viable alternative to fossil fuels...

nate

Reply to
N8N

Well it is important to note the poster of the "magic box" story.

We have two local hospital systems and both have minimal staff radiologists during the day and at other times and for routine stuff their offshore contract radiologists do the work.

Nothing new and has been going on for a long time.

Reply to
George

The 5% alcohol in the 50-years-ago-in-UK "Cleveland Distol" I mentioned up-thread was a product of The Distillers Company, which owned many of the well-known brands of whisky and gin, so I am *assuming* (I know, I know) that the automotive ethanol was a by-product of their booze business.

Perce

Reply to
Percival P. Cassidy

You are only spouting the official "too big to fail" marketing campaign. Many (including me) think it was unnecessary and it that it really sent the wrong message instead of letting many learn a lesson.

That was one of the reason I voted to fire our Congressman (he will now be a former Congressman in a few weeks) who was one of the biggest cheerleaders for "too big to fail".

Reply to
George

They tried but common sense kicked in and they realized it was the dumbest vehicle (not the real ones, the ones sold to people apparently trying to compensate for other inadequacies) ever made and walked away from the table.

Reply to
George

I was thinking war, but others beat me in mentioning it.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yeah, well... it was an old story.

Reply to