whirlpool dishwasher POS

i have a whirlpool POS dishwasher...about 2 years old. there's a little door that's supposed to close after filling a compartment with detergent. it's now stopped being able to be closed. i've checked for latching mechanisms, etc and see nothing. it never CLICKED when i DID close it before...

anyone with any knowledge about this? thanks much

Reply to
bob

bob wrote the following:

I have been using this product for the past few months. No detergent or rinse agent to add. The wife swears by it. Cleans dishes and leaves no streaks.

other added detergent and rinse agents left the dishes streaked (softened well water).

Reply to
willshak

On mine, the little door won't close unless the cycle dial is turned completely to off.

Cheri

Reply to
Cheri

Hi, First thing would be reading the diagram on the panel some where I hope. Have to figure it out first how it is working.

Reply to
Tony Hwang

this one doesnt have a dial...just a push button switch...which i ALSO had to replace once

whirlpool builds crap

Reply to
bob

how much is this? it may work

Reply to
bob

Google broken in your part of the world?

It's a US consumer product..... probably cheap to acquire, they get you hooked on the refills.

Reply to
DD_BobK

nope. the company website is shy about costs

yep, just like printer refills

Reply to
bob

RepairClinic.com is a very good site for appliance parts & repair information.

They even have videos on some repairs so you can see what to do. Check them out.

JP

Reply to
JP

My Whirlpool dishwasher is 32 years old and still works fine. The only problem I've had was from a chicken bone, the little one next to the drumstick, that got stuck in the anti-siphon device, that isn't even really part of the dishwasher.

If you want help, you need to give more details. Is there a lever that shows? If so, does the lever have springiness to it? Does it move back when you shut the soap door, or does it refuse to move? When the door isn't there, can you push it away and it will come back because of its spring? If it does both of these things, then maybe there is crud that is keeping the soap door from shutting far enough to let the latch close.

If there is no lever showing, the same sort of questions apply but youu'll have to take the door apart to find the relevant parts.

Have you called the Whirlpool Cool Line? It's like a hotline but not that hot, and it was still functioning a few years ago when I called them.

When I had trouble with a 2nd hand Whirlpool clothes washing machine

30 years ago they on the Cool Line were incredibly helpful. I called four times and they never rushed me off the phone. Calls ranged from 5 to 20 miutes; each person, even the woman, knew the machine inside and out; they had obviously been repairmen in the field at one time; they never told me it was something I had to call a repairman for; and they stuck with me unitl it was clear that the main basket bearing was rusted shut (because I was away for a while and didn't use it for months). I'm pretty sure they redesigned the machine so that doesn't happen anymore.
Reply to
mm

Yes, if he wants to find out what's wrong, looking up the model on one of the repair parts sites is a good start. They usually have good parts diagrams from which you can figure out how it works, what parts are involved, how it may come apart, etc.

On the other hand, if it comes to taking the door apart, the Finish dispenser solution may save a lot of trouble and more potential problems.

Reply to
trader4

Thanks JP will do

Reply to