GE dishwasher and rust

Model number: PDW9900NOOWW Installed 2-1/2 years ago Our "new" GE Profile dishwasher with SS tub and door liner is now rusting out around the top part of the door, around the control panel. In addition, bumps are now appearing beneath the paint on the door top as well. A few days ago, we began to see water on the floor under the door. I checked and found nothing wrong with the gasket and the door liner appeared to be intact and all fixtures were functioning, such as the soap dispenser.

I checked GE's website, but find nothing about any very premature rust issues with their dishwashers. Does anyone have a suggestion about who to contact at GE to get someone to come out and replace the door's outer panel and also find/stop the leak that seems to be causing it?

Reply to
Nonny

Hi, SS rusts?

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Nope. The liner of the door is SS. The outer part is stamped steel that's been painted. That's what is rusting.

Reply to
Nonny

hrhofmann

They (Home Depot) say to call GE, which I've done. So far, it's just out of warranty and not their problem. I've not given up.

Reply to
Nonny