Whirlpool dishwasher error code?

Hi ! I have a Whirlpool dishwasher type ADP2441, it's "all electroncs" i.e. controlled by a microcontroller.

It does not start at all, when I turn the knob to select a program the start-button starts to blink (green led), and pressing it makes no action. It seems to be "signalling" an error code; two blinks, pause, two blink etc.

Does somebody have some knowledge about this, does this indicate an arror, and if so wich type?

TIA

-Al

Reply to
anonymous

snipped-for-privacy@coolgroups.com wrote

I don't know what a "type" is, what is needed to identify the appliance you have it its *model number* as printed on the appliance's model and serial number tag.

You can find tips for locating that tag on your appliances in the 'Repair Parts' section of my site linked below.

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Hey Dan O!

I have a Duet washing machine Model #GHW9100LW1.

6 months old. Works fine, but for the past month or so, when it goes into high spin, it is VERY loud! I realize that it is louder than top-load washers, but it wasn't that noisy the first 4 months. Sounds like the bearings, but I could be wrong. I double-checked it, and it IS level. Any ideas? Maybe I just didn't notice that it was this loud before, but I don't want it flying apart if it IS the bearings going bad.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Dan P

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Hi,

At 6 months old the washer should be still covered by the warranty, call and have them check it out and if you deside to have a peek yourself, do not get too deep into the washer and void your warranty!

Noises are something over the www that is hard to describe and diagnose since we cannot hear it, something caught in it ( button, bra underwire, coin, etc ) to a worn part is very possible.

If needed...

- Kenmore Duet/HE3t Washer Repair Manual

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

I agree with Jeff, since it's less than a year old it is covered by warranty. If you have *any* concerns you should call an authorized Whirlpool depot for service.

One thing, warranties usually cover defects in "material and workmanship" only (see the following link). If no fault is found, the consumer may be responsible to pay an inspection charge. Manufacturers will however often wave the fee for a 'nuisance call' *one time* just out of consumer relations but ask first.

Appliance411 : The Purchase : Appliance Warranties

Dan O.

- Appliance411.com

=Ð~~~~~~

Reply to
Dan O.

Thanks to both of you. Being in the HVACR business for 15 years now, I should have known that.

It's like the auto mechanic that fixes cars all day and he comes home to 4 or 5 sitting in his yard that DON'T run. (O.K., maybe not the best analogy, but you know what I mean).

Will call them tomorrow....

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab