Where to find outdoor bathrobe hooks (brass? bronze?) for a good price?

I would like a dozen outdoor bathrobe hooks but all the ones I found were either cheap plated hooks or very expensive designer brass or bronze designs.

The hooks would be arranged on a dozen foot-wide square wooden posts which ring a small pool.

Do you know of a simple relatively inexpensive outdoor hook supplier and what material would you suggest (brass? bronze? aluminum?)

I don't need anything fancy but it needs to be outdoor quality.

Reply to
Judy Zappacosta

Solid brass will be spendy. Stainless would probably be your best bet. They don't plate stainless. ;-) Of course even these will have to be cleaned.

Reply to
krw

This is their antique brass finish hook at home depot

I think you want aluminum because these things rust.

Reply to
Brent

I hadn't thought of stainless steel.

Stainless steel hooks might work since the nearby built-in grill is also stainless so it might match nicely.

I don't see any stainless steel outdoor hooks at OSH or Sears.

Do you know of a supplier (and do they come with stainless steel screws)?

Reply to
Judy Zappacosta

Usually this stuff comes with screws. I often pitch them in favor of better hardware. SS hardware is easy to come by. I've seen them in higher-end stores, like Renovation Hardware.

A quick web search of "stainless steel coat hook" turns up:

...and others.

Reply to
krw

A lot of these are zinc. While zinc doesn't rust it's not much better. Aluminum isn't much better either.

Reply to
krw

You can get simple stainless steel outdoor hooks here for only $78 dollars each here

SUG-DS-H-50 Sugatsune Stainless Steel 2-3/4" (70mm) Utility Hook

You might get free shipping if you order a dozen or more at a time and talk nice to them when you call (about $900 dollars for the set though so they're a bit pricey otherwise).

Reply to
D. Ohl

mcmaster.com [page 2297 for SS coathooks] If you're in the NE US they deliver in a day or two for about $5.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

That's ridiculous. They're available for about 1/5th to 1/10 that amount. I kinda like these for $15 each:

krw

How about you make/carve/shape some out of pressure-treated wood? Then use deck screws to put them up. Problem solved.

Congratulations! You win the trailer trash suggestion of the year.

Reply to
Jimbo

Brass, bronze or decent plated hooks will work fine.

Anodized aluminum would be fine too, they are used for window frames and last fine outside.

Reply to
Rod Speed

plastic hooks are availble too......

or buy a cheap rass plated set on a wooden bar at a dollar store paint brass coating with cear acrylic..

if its a kids pool they will probably last longer than the pool.........

Reply to
hallerb

"Judy Zappacosta" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@tioat.net...

Take a look at West Marine's web site. If it works on a boat, it should work in your yard. And as someone else said, stainless steel's your best bet. Also, forget about "good price". That's for cars, houses and major appliances.

JoeSpareBedroom

a decent set of choices for less than $5 each

Mcmaster also has stainless but they are more expensive.

cheers Bob

Reply to
DD_BobK

Ever notice newer hooks don't normally have as sharp a hook on the end as older ones? Stuff tends to fall off. I once took one of those cheap brass finish hooks to the garage to heat it up and give it more of a hook. Failure didn't take long at all. With just propane it quickly melted and half of it hit the floor. Damn, pot metal!

Reply to
Tony

No, no, no. You talk about the small mansion you are building and ask for 5 or 6 samples. I did that once for some electronic parts... actually they did it to me! I told them what I was working on and wanted to use a certain custom IC they made. They offered me samples and asked how many I would need. Not being too greedy I asked for 5 or so, they would have cost me about $85 a piece.

Reply to
Tony

I thought that 80 dollar price for one simple ss coat hook was a joke until I looked up the link and saw it's true.

Can they really cost 80 bucks for a simple stainless steel coat hook?

What's it made out of anyway? Gold?

Reply to
LM

No, "Stainless Gold"! ;-) Actually the only thing I saw that made it very different is they mount from above (vertically?) Still not worth the cost, but different.

Reply to
Tony

They also supply stuff to the US Govt space progeam

Reply to
hrhofmann