Where to buy a vomitorium

My wife is into this eat and purge thing. I am really tired of having vomit on the toilet seat. I know the Romans had these vomitoriums, and I did a google search and found this one.

This is what I had in mind for her, but where can I buy a fixture like this?

Reply to
holopper4

It's called a Bidet. Search

for it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

It's psychological intervention she's in need of, not an addition to the bathroom suite.

Reply to
Aardvark

I suppose you know the Roman "vomitorium" had nothing to do with what we now call "vomit"?

Reply to
Sam E

Definition: vomitorium (vom-i-TOR-ee-uhm) noun, plural vomitoria

A passageway to the rows of seats in a theater.

[From Latin vomitorium, from vomere (to discharge).]

Vomitoria in ancient amphitheaters helped the audience to reach their seats quickly and then, at the end of the performance, leave at an equal speed (hence the name). Thousands of seats could be filled in minutes. The suggestion that a vomitorium was the place for the ancient Romans to vomit during a feast has no basis.

Roger Shoaf

If you're serious, I've seen ones quite similar to the photo you linked in restrooms (usually at bars) in Germany. The name I heard used for them called was "vomit sinks".

With enough money to spend, you can accomplish almost anything. If you've got friends in western europe you could ask them to inquire at plumbing supply places, buy one and have it shipped over to you.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/goonland/vomitorium.jpg>

Your wife needs a shrink not a bathroom fixture.

Reply to
tmurf.1

I didn't know until now that this is not what they called them, but I thought the popular image was that the vomitorium was the room, not the receptacle.

What's strange is that I had an uncle and aunt who were in Italy about

45 years ago, and after he got back he told us about these things, and he called one a vomitorium. I'm sure that's where I heard about them. (I"m going to ask my brother) I wonder if he read a crapola tour book, or he went on a crapola tour.

I think I've heard of other false information given to tourists in various countries, some because the guides don't know any better and I'll bet some because they think it makes a good story.

Reply to
mm

one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/goonland/vomitorium.jpg>

Sounds like your wife is bulimic. If so, she needs medical help, immediately, not encouragement.

Reply to
dhh02192

one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/goonland/vomitorium.jpg>>

Maybe so, but you gotta admit the pic is kinda cool... I say go for it :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

It looks like my elementary school teachers lied. We heard about this in History class and I remember it well because you know how kids are when the topic is something disguating like vomit or passing gas.... This was the topic of the day. You'd think the teachers would study this stuff before they teach it.....

Reply to
holopper4

one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/goonland/vomitorium.jpg>>

Been there, done that..... She was in a bulemic treatment center three times already. Psychiatrists, medical doctors, and all of that. She goes right back to the purging as soon as she is out of treatment. I've been to all these meetings to discuss it, they claim it's harder to control than alcoholism. I've given up trying to stop her. Either I accept it, or I get a divorce. I'm not ready to leave my family so I just have to live with it. I just dont want puke on the toilet seat anymore, so I have to make something for her to use, and she agreed to use it. In the meantime I raise hell if she dont lift the toilet seat, and she is learning that I wont tolerate this mess any longer.

Reply to
holopper4

one.http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/goonland/vomitorium.jpg>>

Yes, as I said in my last message, she has been in treatment 3 times. There are times I'd like to stuff a rag in her mouth or something. Seems like it's near impossible to stop them from purging no matter what anyone does. Her medical bills have nearly bankrupt the family and did nothing to stop her.

Reply to
holopper4