Where to buy a head board for a bed?

In England I could pick up a nice padded head board for 50 pounds! I can't find them anywhere here in NJ!

Anyone know where I can get them? I can have 2 of them made at the local fabric store - for $1400! lol

Thanks!

Dean

Reply to
dean

"padded headboard" in Google returns 330,000 hits.

After you've exhausted that list (sometime next year), report back on your results.

Reply to
HeyBub

A padded headboard would be simple and inexpensive to make: plywood, foam padding, some polyester bat, fabric, staples, tacks or buttons, drill, string, and something to stand or hang it. Unpadded headboard could be just as easy. What do you want it to look like? Padded around edges, or just within a frame? Plain wood with moldings?

Reply to
Norminn

"dean" wrote

Here in America, we don't buy padded headboards. We just scoot down further in the bed.

Either that or where helmets....

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Besides, the studs on the manacles cause runs in the fabric. Most gauche.

RicodJour

you're not trying very hard.

overstock.com (very low shipping)

JCPenny (best bet for something in a local store you can see)

Sears (maybe but for some unknown reason their site is down today.)

Just about any local furniture store (i.e. yellow pages)

Reply to
PipeDown

you need an (ahem) heading tool for the rivets, to round them off nicely. Maybe a little rossete pattern..

Reply to
Goedjn

Find HGTV. Watch it. Make your own for about $100.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

try some used store places or even e bay

Reply to
hallerb