Amana Side-by-side small leak

Son has Amana Side-by-side Model SXD 26VW with ice-maker. I have not seen this, but he describes small srpay like leak from a clear plastic tube near the top on the back. (Inlet for icemaker is at the bottom rear). Turning off the icemaking feature has apparently stopped the leak. Amana home page says they have no .pdf manual for it. Found some parts diagrams, but nothing I could recognize. Clue (maybe): He had new floor put in kitchen Friday, which necessitated disconnecting, moving unit. Is it possible that without pressure something froze? I don't want to go over there and get involved if I can avoid it. I'm too old and too sore. Anyhoo, is there anyway someone can tell what the problem may be. ("I had that happen to me" or "they all do that; you can fix it by...") If, it's a likely parts problem, then I'm going to have hime call a repairman---which is probably the best approach in any case. TIA Roy

Reply to
Roy Starrin

Sometimes the water tubes up the back of the fridge are plastic.

When the ice maker needs to refill, it sends water up a tube. Mighta damaged the tube some how.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Hi,

Your missing part of the model#...the P or MAN #. Possible - SXD26VW-P1315202WW

Should be more like near the top.

Fill tube for the icemaker is frozen up and the filling water is leaking out of the fill tube for the icemaker?

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

Appliance Repair Aid

It's not because he moved the refrigerator that he has this leak. It's because he has a new floor. Water-related parts live for the day that someone gets a new floor, and they will wait years for it. Then they start to leak. Every part papa raises his little parts to fail when they can cause the most harm or at least inconvenience. And little parts want to make their papas proud.

IIUC Jeff said it might be. IIUC, you might not need a part, only some way to thaw the tube? ? :

I can see you are getting more like a part father, but they are probably getting more like human fathers so it all works out.

mm