Where can I get five or so gallons of ammonia

I want to do some big cleaning jobs, and all they had at Lowes and Home Depot and Safeway were puny 1/2 gallon jugs of ammonica.

I could buy ten of those, but, I would think some kind of "supply" house would sell them by the gallon.

Any idea where I can get industrial strength sized ammonia?

Reply to
Alfred Fox

janitor supplies

Reply to
chaniarts

Try Grainger

Reply to
hrhofmann

Try getting a usenet provider, and usenet reader, to start. . Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus

. . "Alfred Fox" wrote in message news:klu5r3$9nl$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net...

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

In news:lzBgt.285645$ snipped-for-privacy@fed06.iad, Stormin Mormon belched:

You mean like what has been suggested to you *numerous* times and you refuse to do?

Reply to
ChairMan

In news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Oren belched:

Yup, I would never have seen his post, but was reading on my laptop and hadn't put him in KF on this one. But YUP, he stepped in it pretty good with that one. LOL I'd bet there is no reply to it, though. Talk about PKB, this example would be worthy to put on wiki

Reply to
ChairMan

basani.net...

Try bottom posting

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Interestingly, I'm feeding my pet gopher some of the sweet lemon-scented stuff myself (mixed with a bit of bleach)!

Here's what's all over my lawn:

And, here's the cute cuddly culprit, caught in the act:

A few weeks later, here's my noxious go-away message:

QUESTION: Do gophers re-use their existing holes? (Why do they make so many anyway?)

Reply to
Danny D

I was waiting for that. LOL

Reply to
Thomas

This gopher has been holing my lawn for years and I've let him as I really 'do' like nature.

But, these holes are driving me crazy so all I really want is for him to move on to the next hillock to disfigure.

Maybe the lemon scented ammonia + bleach will be obnoxious enough. I used a half bottle of the stuff yesterday.

My plan is to fill any new holes with ammonia & bleach. I looked up the chemistry. While chlorine gas 'can' result, it generally doesn't result in large quantities.

Still - ammonia and bleach should stink up the holes...

Reply to
Danny D

Look under janitorial supplies in the phone book. I know they sell it in large containers because when I was young I worked for a janitorial company.

Reply to
generic

What does ammonia do anyway?

I mean, I'm sure it's a solvent - but water is as good, isn't it?

Reply to
Alfred Fox

It makes great explosives. Lotsa fun.

Ammonia is a great cleaner for organic matter and a disinfectant.

Reply to
krw

Just get a gallon or so of cat piss. That ought to do the job.

Reply to
clare

Um, how you gonna hold the cat down to get it? o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Coming from someone who insists on top posting, in violation of the rules and many complaints, your criticism of Alfred looks makes you look way either foolish or stupid.

Reply to
bubba