Where can I buy foam backer rod for concrete gaps?

In another thread it was recommend that I use foam backer rod and urethane caulk to fill a gap between my driveway and sidewalk where the felt expansion joint has deteriorated.

I went to Lowes, Menards, and Home Depot and they say they don't carry the product. What type of local business should I shop for backer rod?

Reply to
dalemccl

look up a Masonry supply store in your area.

-Jeff snipped-for-privacy@veriz> In another thread it was recommend that I use foam backer rod and

Reply to
jeffreydesign

My local HD (Tustion, CA) has the foam backer rod and self leveling sealant by SIKA

It's stocked w/ cement / masonry stuff

If your HD doesn't, you can get the suff online

I use the large tube (better value) it needs a LARGE caulking gun

backefr rods

cheers Bob

Reply to
BobK207

I saw 2 sizes yesterday at H.D. near the weatherstripping.

Bob

Reply to
Bob F

They probably have it and the help doesn't know .. did you look where they stock the caulk? I find it at the big box stores and at paint stores.

Reply to
Norminn

Home Depot has it in the concrete supply secction. I use Home Depot's "Worksite" CD at home to make up invoices, look up prices etc. The SKU for the

3/4" backer rod is 271315.

-- Dennis

Reply to
DT

I saw 1/2" and 5/8" in the weatherstripping section, and 3/4" in the masonry supply section. It was not particularly easy to find, but it was there (Home Depot).

Reply to
scott21230

Thanks to all for the replies. I'll check Home Depot. The gap is

3/4" wide so I was thinking I need to use 1" rod. If the local HD doesn't have 1", then I'll check masonry supply stores and paint supply stores locally.

If all else fails, I have seen 1" available at some >I saw 1/2" and 5/8" in the weatherstripping section, and 3/4" in the

Reply to
dalemccl

If you are talking about that round foam "rope". I have gotten it from Ace Hardware. One of the larger stores.

Reply to
emailaddress