what to cut Witex laminate with

I looked through the archives and saw some mention that Witex laminate is hard on saws. I'm using a circular saw (cheap Black & Decker) and a fine finish carbide blade - 40 teeth. I was able to cut only *3* pieces before the blade bound. At this rate I'll have to be paying $6-$7 per row laid of laminate for a 10x10 room. Any recommendations? More powerful saw? Different saw? Different blade?

Reply to
barb

I aso have a B&D 7 1/4 circular saw and bought a saw blade that says for plywood , plastics and laminate. My son had no trouble cutting the laminate for a 10 x10 room last summer. bought it at HD.

Took him 3 hours.

pat.

Reply to
Pat

I aso have a B&D 7 1/4 circular saw and bought a saw blade that says for plywood , plastics and laminate. My son had no trouble cutting the laminate for a 10 x10 room last summer. bought it at HD.

Took him 3 hours.

pat.

Reply to
barb

It is tough stuff. Here is my link

Andy Asberry

I aso have a B&D 7 1/4 circular saw and bought a saw blade that says for plywood , plastics and laminate. My son had no trouble cutting the laminate for a 10 x10 room last summer. bought it at HD.

Took him 3 hours.

pat.

I wouldn't stand in line for three hours if the blade was FREE !!

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill