Has "diy-er" refaced kitchen cabinets?

My wife and I have decided that our kitchen cabinet doors need refacing. They are flat; they do not have complicated indentations. Therefore, we thought that they could be refaced and then painted. I went to some lumber yards and found that I have several options. There is facing material that has paper backing which can be peeled and then applied. There is also facing material which can be applied with glue, and finally, I was shown 1/8" facing made primarily of plywood. I am somewhat leaning towards the plywood option as I actually have applied it to some of my interior doors with satisfactory results. Also, I found that it was not a very difficult process. I would like opinions on the best option for a handy guy who has little experience in this area.

Al Kondo

Reply to
Al Kondo

I have seen some complete DIY solutions in a Rockler catalog. Check out

Brikp